Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Staff, Data Engineer - Data Ventures
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Engineering and Architecture
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1574474
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a "Staff Data Engineer”, you should be able to technically help and assist team to steer through correct technical directions following the best practices. You will have deeper understanding of Data Engineering approaches along with hands on experience in building highly scalable solutions.
About Team: Data Ventures
Our team creates reusable technologies to help with customer acquisition, onboarding, and empowering merchants, while ensuring a seamless experience for both stakeholders. We also optimize tariffs and assortment in accordance with Walmart's Everyday Low-Cost philosophy. We not only create affordability, but we also deliver customized experiences for customers across all channels - in-store, mobile app, and websites. Our team is responsible for providing support to US Marketplace sellers. We focus on providing immediate solutions to the cases/tickets created by sellers. We interact with multiple teams across the company to provide excellent seller experience.
What you'll do:
- You will lead the work of other small groups of ten to twelve engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent.
documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions.
- You will drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs, developing, and communicating business.
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into
technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing.
code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross.
functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and
hand-offs: interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring.
progress and adjusting performance; accordingly, developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to
others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives, consulting with business.
partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness.
and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
What you'll bring:
- Knowledge of Databricks, Snowflake is an added advantage.
- Experience with ThoughtSpot, Druid, Big Query and ClickHouse is added advantage.
- Hands on knowledge in NoSQL like Cosmos DB along with RDBMS like MySQL, Postgres is plus.
- Hands on working experience in any messaging platform like Kafka is preferred.
- Increase the efficiency of the team by setting right Processes of Software Development, Requirement Intake, Effort Estimation
- Demonstrating creative, critical thinking & troubleshooting skills.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work: We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
3 years' experience in data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, ETL tools and working with large data sets in the cloud, Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
Primary Location...603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth