Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Controllership
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Controllership
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1570805
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Do you have experience with accounting and reporting for investments, including equity and debt securities, warrants, convertible loans, equity method investments, equity derivatives and variable interest entities? Are you interested in standing up and maintaining new accounting processes and controls to address a growing portfolio of investments? Do you enjoy partnering with a broad spectrum of varied stakeholders to achieve success, including Controllership Segment and Market teams, Technical Accounting, External Reporting, Consolidation, and Internal Controls as well as Treasury, Corporate Development (M&A), Tax, Legal and Energy?
The Senior Manager II Controllership, Investment Center of Excellence (COE) is a strategic role addressing the accounting for a growing global portfolio of strategic investments. This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining new financial processes and controls, reviewing quarterly initiation, and monitoring controls, performing monthly, quarterly, and annual close and reporting duties, organizing, and facilitating training, and partnering across the global controllership organization and with other stakeholders across the Company.
Position is located at headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas. A comprehensive relocation package is provided.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have proven experience accounting and reporting in compliance with SEC guidelines and US GAAP, especially as it relates to investment accounting.
- You have a process mindset that enables identification and mitigation of financial statement risks through internal controls.
- You are a self-starter that identifies needs and takes the initiative to ensure they are communicated and fulfilled.
- You have knowledge of how high-level accounting impacts business decisions.
- You are comfortable talking to a wide variety of business partners.
- You have demonstrated proficiency working cross-functionally.
- You have demonstrated excellent ability to interface with and influence senior executives.
- You are an expert at making complex subjects easily understood.
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale.
- You’re an initiative-taker that is comfortable supporting an expanding area of a company.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Supporting monthly the close and reporting processes for global investments.
- Building and maintaining relationships with Global Controllership, Tax, Legal, Corporate Development, and Treasury partners.
- Partnering with our shared services organization
- Ensuring new accounting process and controls are supported and applied consistently.
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and automate existing/new processes as well as partnering with our shared services providers.
- Providing accounting support for new investments and enhancing an investment subledger
- Ensuring internal controls are designed and operating effectively as our business/operational strategies evolve.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Embrace Change - Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Business AdministrationFinancial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth