Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Data Analyst - Data Ventures
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1551821
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Data Ventures, akin to a nimble startup incubated within Walmart is building the best-in-class suite of Data Products to deliver actionable, customer-centric insights and help merchants and suppliers make better business decisions on omni channel 360 performance.
As a senior data analyst, you will have a prominent technical role in providing strategic and analytical support for business intelligence activities. One of the key responsibilities of the analyst is to analyze clickstream data captured from Walmart customers’ digital shopping experience to help build actionable insights and product features. You will also work closely with various product and data stakeholders across the enterprise to deliver outstanding business outcomes.
Our team creates reusable technologies to help with customer acquisition, onboarding, and empowering merchants, while ensuring a seamless experience for both of these stakeholders. We also optimize tariffs and assortment in accordance with Walmart's Everyday Low Cost philosophy. We not only create affordability, but we also deliver customized experiences for customers across all channels - in-store, mobile app, and websites.
What you'll do:
- Translate product requirements into concise analytical plans and analyze large scale clickstream data across different dimensions and attributes from various data sources.
- Employ appropriate statistical techniques to develop analytical methodologies to address business requests.
- Help create strategy for clickstream data assets including Data Management and Governance, Data Quality Standards, Accessibility, Storage and Scalability, etc.
- Partner with data scientists and other teams including product management and engineering to understand their data needs and provide data-driven insights for informed decision making.
- Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to stakeholders through visualizations, presentations, and other storytelling methods.
- Ensure data quality and accuracy by developing and implementing data management policies and procedures.
- Leverage BI tools such as Looker, Tableau and Power BI to develop and maintain reports and dashboards entailing a comprehensive view of business performance.
- Perform ad hoc analyses with accuracy and clarity to identify trends, patterns, and insights that drive business value.
What you'll bring:
- Prior knowledge and experience in E-commerce analytics and clickstream data
- Passion for problem-solving, analytical mindset with critical-thinking, and data skills.
- Excellent documentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write code in Python/R, or equivalent language for data and trend analysis.
- Advance knowledge of MS Office, SQL, NoSQL, and cloud technologies like GCP Big Query.
- Well-versed experience working with large datasets, adaptable and innovative at finding solutions, and telling stories backed by data.
- In-depth knowledge of visualization tools, data modeling, data transformation, and data visualization.
- Strong experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment.
- (Preferred) Familiarity with A/B testing methodology and solid foundation in statistics.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
Primary Location...350 N SAINT PAUL ST, DALLAS, TX 75201-4240, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth