Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager II, Packaging - Sustainable Packaging
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1534427
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
The Private Brand Packaging team is looking for an up-and-coming packaging subject matter expert. Someone who has a passion for sustainability and reducing our packaging and waste footprint. This person will know the ins and outs of omnichannel supply chains and can effectively communicate and influence packaging decisions.
About Private Brand Packaging -
The Walmart US Private Brand Packaging team is rapidly evolving to define the future state of packaging. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, product development, supply chain, packaging and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
As a Senior Manager II, Private Brand Sustainable Packaging, you will be responsible for the development of cross category initiatives in common packaging formats and materials to meet our Private Brand commitments. You will analyze packaging trends and data to develop strategies for implementation and partner with suppliers to build success criteria and priorities for our Private Brand items. You will partner with merchants, product developers, sourcing partners, supply chain and the sustainability team to provide technical support and metrics for influencing and communicating our initiatives. You will manage the packaging compliance dashboard and provide insights and metrics to teams to meet sustainability initiatives. Success in this role requires tenacity, a customer mindset, influencing skills, and a bias for action. You’ll use your executive presence to work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and maintaining packaging and sustainability standards to meet commitment to community engagement.
- Coordinating complex tasks with different types of packaging, including nontraditional hybrid systems and advising on packaging technical parameters and packaging/product interactions.
- Researching, piloting and implementing intelligent packaging technologies while evaluating different package materials and technologies and analyzes costs and benefits.
- Building, maintaining and enhancing effective internal and external partnerships through demonstrated integrity.
- Supporting development of accurate specifications for packaging materials and formats.
- Developing sustainable packaging solutions for an omnichannel supply chain.
- Leading and coordinating sustainable design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimized packaging solutions.
- Evaluating supplier solutions for fit to sustainability goals.
- Advising senior management on the latest packaging trends and innovative solutions.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have Packaging experience across various materials and formats
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You have a competitive spirit of being in front of trend and innovation
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You can work with details, but also see the big picture
- You’re data-driven and a strategic thinker
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products
- Packaging Experience across various materials and formats
- Packaging Engineering degree, or equivalent technical degree
- Or 5 years experience in CPG or Retail Packaging in Foods or Consumables
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, English , or related field and 4 years’ experience in marketing, branding, packaging, retail, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in marketing, branding, packaging, retail, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand Management, Microsoft OfficeMasters: English, Masters: Marketing
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth