Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Manager II, Specialty Compliance And Ethics - Energy Compliance, ESG Support and Benchmarking
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Ethics and Compliance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1496206
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Energy Transformation
The Walmart Energy Transformation team is a newly reimagined energy team that was created to ensure the team has the resources and internal positioning to deliver on Walmart’s energy-related regenerative goals. The team now reports directly to the COO of Walmart US and the Chief Sustainability Officer.
This new organization is responsible for:
Buying energy and optimizing for the lowest cost in regulated and wholesale markets. Meeting our renewable’s goal of 100% renewables by 2030 Increasing the energy efficiency and reducing emissions across our facilities Meeting our 2040 Zero Emissions goal, including transitioning our fleet to zero emissions vehicles
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- 1 year Experience with management of Energy Star or compliance programs
- Experience in managing the retirement of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)
- Experience in managing business reporting, contracts, and project management
- Manages the consistency of compliance and ethics in area of responsibility by responding to compliance and ethics questions and issues; monitoring laws and regulations for specified area; researching laws, regulations, policies, and procedures; drafting and updating policies and standard operating procedures with input from leadership; collaborating with senior managers to communicate information to associates; monitoring compliance and ethics questions for potential gaps; and recommending and developing strategies for identified compliance and ethics gaps
- Identifies, reports, and addresses compliance concerns by identifying trends and concerns; collecting necessary data; creating reports on findings; communicating findings to senior management; recommending resolutions to the concerns; and completing follow up with field and home office based on findings in reports.
- Manages the development, execution, and maintenance of legislation assessment strategy by identifying and investigating relevant proposed legislation; determining implications of legislation on business area; developing plans to adapt to proposed legislation; managing the classification and prioritization of relevant legislation; leading the development and management of a data management program to catalog all legislation and administrative rulemaking to identify predictive trends; supporting the development of long-term national and global regulatory forecasts; and participating in gap analysis studies to identify and react to future regulatory obligations.
- Researches high-impact proposed regulatory issues to serve as a subject matter expert to the business by managing tools and resources required to obtain relevant information; managing third-party research and development studies on proposed policy and relevant provisions; identifying internal and external stakeholders likely to be impacted by proposed policies or provisions; researching global regulatory trends; leading impact assessments of proposed policies or provisions; and evaluating research and predictive trends to provide recommendations to leadership.
- Supports the development of corporate positions on various overarching issues by reconciling research into refined message for review; managing the analysis, reconciliation, and summary of background research; drafting statements in response to issues and concerns; and presenting impact analyses to leadership.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 2 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area.
2 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field, Project Management Certification, Supervisory experience
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth