Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Director, Talent Acquisition - US Military Programs
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1487665
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Director, Talent Acquisition - Military Programs
Reporting to the VP of Global Talent Acquisition, the Senior Director of Military Programs will be an essential member of the Talent Acquisition leadership team. In this role, the Senior Director will be responsible for directing an enterprise strategy and implementing complementary programs to attract, recruit, hire, grow, develop, and retain talent from military community constituencies.
- Design and formulate enterprise strategy and programs by engaging with stakeholders and thought leadership.
- Work collaboratively with the Walmart Foundation to optimize the synergy between corporate programs and philanthropy to support veterans and military families.
- Foster national, state, and local thought leadership and public/private/non-profit partnerships by collaborating with influential players such as the White House, Department of Defense, Military Services, Departments of Labor, Members of Congress, and retail industry professional organizations.
- Collaborate with the Coalition for Veteran-Owned Business to grow Veteran-owned, Disabled Veteran-owned, and Service Disabled Veteran-owned Businesses in support of Walmart's "Investing in American Jobs" Initiative.
- Directly and indirectly lead a team of human resources, reputation, and brand professionals, focused on integrating efforts to support veterans, military spouses, and their families.
- Oversee the development of Service Academy Engagement Strategy and manage and innovate programs to enhance the talent pipeline.
- Promote Walmart as the partner of choice for military people by directing the Military People Brand and ensuring top-of-mind awareness.
- Manage the Veterans Welcome Home Commitment and Military Spouse Career Connection and a portfolio of programs to address underserved target audiences such as wounded/ill/injured heroes, families and caregivers, women veterans, and student veterans.
- Actively engage, support, and empower veteran and military family associates through Walmart SERVES, the veteran and military family Associate Resource Group.
- Develop and propagate friendly policies that support veteran and military family associates at Walmart.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing external stakeholders and partners.
- General/Flag Officer or Colonel/Captain or Lieutenant Colonel/Commander, with commensurate preparation and experience, is highly preferred.
- The ability to work effectively with senior management to develop and execute a strategy that supports the goals of the business.
- Excellent relationship skills with the ability to indirectly lead and gain consensus.
- Clear ability to think and act strategically and add value to the business.
- Passionate about those who serve or have served and their families.
- Committed to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards, while exercising utmost discretion in managing sensitive information.
Note: The above information is intended to provide a general overview of the role and level of work involved. It is not intended to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for associates assigned to this job.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, paid time off, multiple health plans, and much more.
Walmart’s global headquarters are in Arkansas. We offer a competitive relocation package.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 6 years’ experience in human resources, talent acquisition, staffing, recruiting, hiring, or related area OR 8 years’ experience in human resources, talent acquisition, staffing, recruiting, hiring or related area. 4 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth