Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager II, Home Office Financial Planning & Analysis - Finance
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1471065
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Manager II, Data Transformation
As a global retailer, operating from a worldly vantage point is a critical component to our strategy, our ability to connect thoughtfully with our customers and provide a best-in-class experience. As a Senior Manager II, Data Transformation, you’ll be looked to as a leader, an informed practitioner, someone who prides themselves on staying apprised when it comes to global affairs, protocols, regulations, and best practices while empowering their team to do the same. You’ll contribute directly to our financial security, ability to plan and conduct business in a way that is fiscally sound and compliant.
Your position is one that is driven by an intellectual curiosity, an unfaltering interest in helping your business partners to achieve their objectives and inspiring your team to do the same. Numbers driven, result-oriented, your expertise will be a pivotal component to our investment strategy, pursuits, and international market position.
This expertise combined with a passion for excellence and inspiring others is what continues to set our Finance team apart. Are you ready to join us?
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have experience in the following:
Data/analytics engineering experience, data transformation, DataOps, SQL, Python, Alteryx, R, data science, MLops.
- You operate as a collaborative partner willing to share your expertise and advice at every phase of the strategic decision-making process.
- You lead by example and provide your team with the resources necessary to making decisions with surety.
- You keep a pulse on international market regulations, best practices, developments, and fiscal influences along with leading/working with offshore tech teams.
- You position yourself as a global practitioner, someone who prides themselves on their worldly expertise and leveraging it to empower the broader organization.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Problem Formulation: Identifies possible options to address the business problems within one's discipline through analytics, big data analytics, and automation.
- Applied Business Acumen: Supports the development of business cases and recommendations. Owns delivery of project activity and tasks assigned by others. Supports process updates and changes. Solves business issues.
- Data Governance: Supports the documentation of data governance processes. Supports the implementation of data governance practices.
- Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.
- Data Transformation and Integration: Extracts data from identified databases. Creates data pipelines and transform data to a structure that is relevant to the problem by selecting appropriate techniques. Develops knowledge of current data science and analytics trends.
- Data Source Identification: Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.
- Develops efficient data flows. Analyzes data-related system integration challenges and proposes appropriate solutions. Creates training documentation and trains end-users on data modeling. Oversees the tasks of less experienced programmers and stipulates system troubleshooting supports.
- Code Development and Testing: Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Creates proofs of concept. Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach. Deploys software to production servers. Contributes code documentation, maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.
- Practicing Continuous Process Improvement – Supporting our transformation journey by analyzing, proposing, and presenting solutions and process improvements to senior management for approval; and implementing new systems/process or enhancements.
It would be nice if you also have…
- Data governance/data management knowledge
- Tableau, PowerBI or similar data visualization tools
- Dataproc/Spark/Hive or similar data processing tools
- Dataplex/Collibra or similar data governance tools
- Google Cloud Platform GCP suites
- Design, build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting millions of customers worldwide drive value from data
- Interact with engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
- Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome product features to keep platform ahead of market scenarios.
- Utilize tools to deliver trusted analytics across all of Walmart’s operating businesses across the globe.
- Develop and/or Contribute to add features that enable adoption of data across Walmart
- Deploy and monitor products on Cloud platforms
- Develop and implement best-in-class monitoring processes to enable data applications meet SLAs
- Guide the team technically for end to end solution lifecycle.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field and 3 years experience in finance or related field OR 6 years experience in finance or related field. 1 year of supervisory experience OR 1 year experience leading cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervising AssociatesMasters: Accounting, Masters: FinanceConsulting - Certified Management Consultant - Certification, Financial & Insurance - Certified Internal Auditor - Certification, Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification, Financial & Insurance - Chartered Financial Analyst - Certification
Primary Location...701 S. WALTON BLVD., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-6209, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth