Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Developmental Technician, HVAC/R Facilities Maintenance
- Location MERRITT ISLAND, FL
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1464514
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Provides required paperwork by completing forms (for example, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, refrigerant logs, work orders); and submittingforms to senior leadership.
Assists the Technician III, HVAC/R Facilities Maintenance by gathering capital expenditures lists; developing scopes of work to update heating,ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) or energy management systems (for example, rooftop units, condenser coil replacements);and identifying other issues related to regular HVAC/R service.
Under supervision, completes HVAC/R work assignments and priorities by using HVAC/R policies, data, and resources; collaborating withmanagement, coworkers, customers, and other business partners; identifying HVAC/R priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicatingprogress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change,difficulties, and feedback.
Ensures compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency regulations and guidelines byperforming work according to applicable regulations, guidelines, and the practices and procedures outlined in the Walmart HVAC/R safety policy.
Assists in controlling company costs by conducting price comparisons of refrigerants, parts, and travel-related costs; and submitting warranty claims.
Under supervision, performs major and minor preventive maintenance and repairs on HVAC/R equipment, and emergency management systems,and direct digital control equipment by replacing electrical motors or contactors; changing and adjusting belts; and installing compressors.
Assists with the service and operation of company property by inspecting equipment (for example, tools, vehicles); troubleshooting and diagnosingHVAC/R problems; performing minor repairs; and scheduling major repairs and maintenance.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice andguidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; andbuilding commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying businessneeds; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing onimprovement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity byincorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting otherswith how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Type I and Type II Environmental Protection Agency certification for refrigerant handling.
HVAC/R Certificate of Completion through Live Better U and Penn Foster Career School.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls
Primary Location...1500 E MERRITT ISLAND CSWY, MERRITT ISLAND, FL 32952-2612, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth