Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Security Technology Specialist
- Location SPARTA, WI
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Global Investigations and Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1444589
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
You’ll make an impact by…
- Assists in ensuring code compliance by achieving, maintaining, and enforcing all required licenses and certifications for national electrical and fire codes according to local, state, and federal regulations (for example low voltage licenses, fire alarm licenses, National Institute Certifying Engineering Technology certifications, National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association trainings, National Electric Code requirements, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 72, NFPA 731, NFPA 101).
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders. identifies business needs. ; Monitors progress and results. Recognizes and capitalizes on improvement opportunities. Adapts to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Provides customer service to multiple stakeholders (for example, associates, vendors, suppliers) by tracking, managing, and adapting performance. Develops, supports, and guides associate decision-making and actions. Identifies security system upgrades. Obtains and integrates necessary resources for daily operational execution to meet and exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Conducts security program surveys and assessments across all operational formats by understanding security policies and procedures. Reviews facility compliance with security control measures.
- Determines the extent of operational effectiveness to meet security control measure requirements. Documents and reports on assessment findings. Conducts follow-up on finding exceptions.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values - Servant Leadership - Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Embrace Change - Curiosity & Courage - Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Embrace Change - Digital Transformation & Change - Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer - Strategic Thinking - Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Live our Values - Culture Champion - Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
Focus on our Associates - Talent Management - Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Focus on our Associates - Collaboration & Influence - Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
Deliver for the Customer - Customer Focus - Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.• 1 year's experience using Microsoft Office applications (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Valid state-issued driver’s license and successful completion of Walmart’s required motor vehicle requirements.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Associate's or vocational degree in Electronic Technology or Computer Science., Commercial security systems, including fire, burglar, CCTV, access control, and/or security assessments., National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies Certification in Fire (Level II) and Video (Level I).
Primary Location...1600 W WISCONSIN ST, SPARTA, WI 54656-2242, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth