Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager II, Construction - Sam's
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1444534
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Working at Sam’s Club means leveraging the advantages of Walmart’s scale while moving with speed! Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc., and you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
The Real Estate Realty and Development team is strategically important to Sam’s Club because webring projects to life! We expand and optimize our portfolio of clubs which is over 80 million square feet of retail space. We work to create an efficient experience for the members and operators while minimizing risk of our leased and owned clubs.
You'll Sweep us Off Our Feet if...
- You have 5-10 years’ experience in Construction Management
- A strong background that includes managing and reviewing Construction Budgets and coordination with automation or material handling equipment vendors.
- Experience with industrial scale and/or size; Experience in retail big box construction a plus
- The ability to drive execution of multiple complex projects by working with key stakeholders, including 3rd party contractors
- A desire to travel, weekly national travel of 50% with 80% of the daily responsibilities in a construction environment
- A leadership mindset that can influence others and is comfortable developing relationships both internally and externally
- A desire to work in a dynamic, team-based work environment, and self-motivated to exceed expectations
You'll Make an Impact by...
Ensures construction budgets are met by advising and reviewing pre-construction budgets; reviewing and tracking monthly and quarterly budget reports; working with contractors and estimating department to resolve claims; reviewing and approving contractor payments, change orders, and invoices; and managing project scope and contingency.
Monitors and enforces compliance with laws and regulations for construction projects by establishing, communicating, and monitoring standards of performance for contractors and suspending noncompliant work; collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide feedback and identify and implement design changes to comply with compliance obligations; resolving noncompliance ; maintaining certifications ; enforcing standards with regulations and company programs ; and providing guidance to team members in the application of new or changing initiatives.
Manages construction projects focused in the industrial or retail areas of real estate; partners with project managers and general contractors to create/evaluate project schedules; coordinating efforts between internal and external business units; resolving conflicts ; serving as a company representative with municipalities and public officials to ensure compliance and delivery of high quality projects; and ensuring the quality and functionality of the project's construction following turnover to operations through the warranty period.
Maintaining, communicating, and adjusting timelines and working with contractors to ensure project milestones are met; verifying material procurement and deliveries are synchronized with project schedules; visiting sites and monitoring contractor work and schedules to ensure construction quality is consistent with design specifications and timelines; and monitoring and ensuring resolution of outstanding construction issues and work to be corrected or completed.
Focuses on continued education to increase technical skills and individual development; utilizing available resources to help manage a project; acting independently when complexity of a project is increased; acting independently when the financial impact to a project is increased; establishing and communicating project risk levels and anticipating risk factors; training and directing general contractors for improved delivery of construction projects; and effectively modeling Sam’s culture and building internal and external relationships through effective communication and dispute resolution.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field and 3 years' experience in construction management,
construction administration, engineering, architecture, or related field OR a Bachelor's degree in Construction Technology and 4 years' experience
in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or related field OR 5 years' comprehensive real
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"You have to think of how to save the company money, save the store money, save the customer money—and one impacts the others."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth