Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
SENIOR MANAGER I, PROGRAM MANAGEMENT, ECOMM
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1439120
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Manager I, Program Management, Business Operations – eCommerce (Site Merchandising Strategic Initiatives)
Want to help lead the way in redefining how we shop online? The Senior Manager I, Program Management, Business Operations – eCommerce (Site Merchandising Strategic Initiatives) will be a critical leader in enhancing our site’s performance and driving a frictionless customer experience. This person will set the bar for eComm business performance, initiative prioritization and operational excellence, by improving agility and focus of the Site Merchandising team. They will help build and stand up a process for end-to-end product enablement, develop and implement the requirements for site consistency and governance, and identify opportunities and scalable best practices. They’ll drive impact, improvement, and innovation to create a truly frictionless online shopping experience and help our eCommerce business.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You understand how customers shop online and use strategic thinking and innovation to create a seamless and fresh site experience for our customers.
- You have an incredible focus on operational excellence and getting the fundamentals right and can identify opportunities for efficiency and improvement through clearly defined performance metrics and dashboarding
- You build trust quickly and can lead by influence, creating impact through partnership as well as ownership.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
- You use data and insights to make informed and impactful decisions that inform prioritization, and you have the acumen to translate complex data into actions and improvements.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Operating with excellence – You’ll have high expectations when it comes to the inputs required to achieve success. You’ll communicate clearly with stakeholders, and keep multiple groups on top of deliverables to hit deadlines, with results in line with the highest of standards.
- Building strong team dynamics with numerous partners across several functions – You’ll partner with many members of the Site Merchandising organization, Product and Engineering teams, Analytics, and other functions, to get buy-in and alignment on best practices and go-forward processes.
- Dealing with ambiguity and using resources to solve problems – You’ll take on projects in which you may not be an expert and you’ll use your network to immerse yourself in the right information to find the appropriate solutions. You are accountable to your projects, and don’t give up when faced with roadblocks.
- Leading and influencing across a large organization – You will exemplify leadership and proactivity in the Product Enablement and Site Consistency and Governance processes. Cross-functional partners across all levels will have confidence in your ability to bring together teams to produce results, adhere to best practices, and create the most optimal site experience for the customer.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or related area and 5 years’ experience in eCommerce merchandising, site operations, business management, or related area.
- 7 years’ experience in eCommerce merchandising, site operations, business management, or related area.
- 2 years’ supervisory experience.
- Eight years related experience in Management Consulting, Business Operations, Product Management, Site Merchandising, Analytics or related field
- Masters Degree in Business or related field
- 4+ years demonstrated experience managing a team
- 4+ years of experience in consumer-focused e-commerce environment
- Strong customer obsession focused on building the right site experience for our customer
- Strategic mindset with ability to tackle complex and ambiguous problems
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions, and thirst for continuous improvement
- Experience developing and executing against technical product roadmaps
- Ability to set clear team objectives and performance measures
- Ability to select and develop a team of future leaders
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Assertive, adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comAt Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $105,000.00-$195,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 3 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations
management, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations management, or related area.
1 year’s experience leading cross-functional teams.
3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Managing a budget, profit and loss statement, or relate financial process, Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field like (not limited to) Project Management, Compliance, Operations ManagementProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I love that at Walmart, each associate has the opportunity and autonomy to create their own career path and grow."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth