Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Designer (US) - Marketplace
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1409288
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the Team
The Walmart Design team creates experiences and designs the websites, tools, and mobile solutions for millions of customers and associates. As a part of the Product Design team that is at the forefront of retail, you will be responsible for building best-in-class experiences that drive continuous improvement and innovation on the world’s largest company. If you are motivated by complex challenges and want to build the future of commerce and consumer services, a Design role at Walmart could be what you’ve been looking for.
The Walmart Marketplace connects sellers with millions of customers through our Seller Center platform, enabling our sellers to deliver exceptional e-commerce experiences through Walmart.com. As a part of the product design team, you will be responsible for creating best-in-class seller experiences that drive growth on the platform. This position will work with many cross-functional teams within Walmart to develop scalable end-to-end solutions which drive key performance metrics and milestones.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will help transform complex workflows and information into easy-to-use experience design. You will use your knowledge of the Design Thinking process to collaborate with partner teams, facilitate conversations, create concepts, run design sprints, and build rapid prototypes to leverage collective creativity. You’ll will focus on growing your strengths in storytelling to present your vision and product design rationale in a compelling, convincing manner to the broader team. You will create and champion a highly usable experience before delivering pixel-perfect designs.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- A strong design aesthetic that brings together brand expressions and systems thinking. You practice universal design and believe in inclusion.
- A track record working cross-functionally with shipping successful products.
- A strategic mindset and a system thinking approach to taking the complex and make it simple.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframe and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- A strong understanding of Design Thinking principles and practices.
- Experience with Design Sprints and Customer Journey Mapping.
- The ability to see problems from various angles and create well-rounded solutions.
- Track record of educating and mentoring designers.
- A self-starter mindset who is well organized and always looking to improve things.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Designing best-in-class product experiences with a focus on craft.
- Partnering with design research to create insightful design solutions.
- Constantly balancing business goals with user needs.
- Rapid prototyping and experimenting in a fast-paced environment.
- Multitasking across different projects and adapting to changing priorities.
- Working with our Design System team to expand the component library.
- Championing the Design Thinking philosophy throughout the business.
- Communicating effectively with kindness and empathy.
- Collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional partners.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends, in and out of retail.
- Degree in HCI, Information Architecture, Digital Design, or similar and 4+ years of experience in product design.
- Have a fantastic portfolio of elegant design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $98,000.00-$168,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in UI/UX design, graphic design, visual communication, product design, computer science, information technology, or related area and 3 years’ experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area. Option 2: 5 years’ experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Design certification (for example, IDEOU - Foundations in Design Thinking Certificate), Driving product development in a user experience area, Master's degree in UI/UX Design, Interactive and Visual Design, Product Design, or related area, Related industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), UI/UX, Interactive and Visual Design, Electronics Art, Multimedia Design, or related area
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth