Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Technical Expert, Cybersecurity-Security Architect
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Cybersecurity
- Job Function Cybersecurity
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1400688
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
By joining the Walmart InfoSec Strategy and Architecture team, you will act as a liaison to facilitate collaboration between internal InfoSec functional areas, Business Lines, Infrastructure, and other members of the Global Tech Team to align technology initiatives with the InfoSec security stack, architecture frameworks, patterns, and policies. You will assist in finding ways to leverage information to influence business decisions at all levels by distilling macro, customer, competitor, and tech trends into actionable insights. Success in this role means you are customer-centric and maintain an outside-in, big picture orientation for the future. As the role evolves, responsibilities will shift to developing security architectures to fuel our next phase of growth. Together, we will create strategies that mitigate risk to the Walmart digital ecosystem and convey customer trust in our systems and networks.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- Experienced in security architecture concepts, design, implementation, authentication, data protection and privacy within the domain of infrastructure and applications.
- Understanding of Security Frameworks (NIST, ISO, PCI, …).
- Knowledge and technical security experience in Cryptography, including several of the following: PKI, Digital Certificates, SSL, Hashing, Encryption techniques, etc.
- Consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Security considerations of cloud computing: They include data breaches, broken authentication, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, APTs, data loss and DoS attacks.
- Identity and access management (IAM) – the framework of security policies and technologies that limit and track the access of those in an organization to sensitive technology resources.
- A strong working knowledge of current IT risks, security implementations, and computer operating and software programs.
- Lead security analysis utilizing trends, threat analysis, and current business understanding. From this analysis diagnose or make architectural recommendations for security improvements and risk mitigation
- Undergraduate degree preferably in cybersecurity/computer science or work experience equivalent of 4 – 6 years in information security disciplines
- CISSP or Industry recognized security certification desired.
- Demonstrating a high level of expertise in information security architecture and secure engineering disciplines?
- Advising product and operational teams on how to securely design infrastructure platforms, applications and services following industry best practices and enhance existing security?
- Analyzing a platform architecture to reduce the security risk to an acceptable level while still providing beneficial functionality for the end user
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 265 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, information systems, cybersecurity, or related area and 5years’ experience in cybersecurity risk or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company.
Option 2: 7 years’ experience in cybersecurity risk or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certification in Security+, GISF, GSEC, CISA, CISSP, CCSP, or CISM, Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, information systems, cybersecurity or related area and 3 years’ experience leading information security or cybersecurity projects
Primary Location...10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth