Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Learning and Development (CA) - Instructional Design - Walmart Connect
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1400331
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you'll do...
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have a background in Instructional Design/Instructional Technology
- You are an expert in managing your own projects and embrace an agile mindset
- You have great listening skills, critical thinking skills, and solution-articulation skills
- You have the ability to context switch between learning system-level thinking and attention to minute details
- You are a problem solver and solution finder – prioritizing simplicity and the learner experience
- You are passionate about instructional technology and leveraging tools like Articulate, Rise 360, Evolve authoring, Intellum LMS, Camtasia, Adobe CC design tools
- You have proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
You’ll make an impact by…
- Managing the development of complex training programs, performance support tools, and resources by conducting research on learning needs, learning environments, knowledge gaps, and behavioral changes; supervising development of blended learning options; and ensuring alignment with technology and business support infrastructure.
- Managing learning content by auditing existing learning materials; reviewing and editing final drafts; adapting content to changing learner needs; collaborating with subject matter experts; determining operating parameters; aligning content with business goals and initiatives; maintaining consistency through quality control measures; and providing project status updates to stakeholders.
- Managing program effectiveness by measuring and analyzing trainee performance; identifying program inconsistencies and deficiencies; reporting inconsistencies and deficiencies to senior leadership; providing performance feedback to associates; working with associates to resolve inconsistencies and deficiencies in learning; and increasing work productivity and reducing overall cost.
- Creating and overseeing the learning environment by researching industry techniques that increase facilitation effectiveness; developing best practice approaches and ensuring integration into the facilitation program; delivering training materials; assessing facilitator performance; providing guidance on facilitator development and performance skills in learning solutions delivery; developing and delivering train-the-trainer programs; collaborating with internal customers; and engaging in facilitation interventions to build facilitator capability and positively impact contact center operations.
- Implements training development standards and governance by adhering to governance processes for content development and maintenance; communicating standardized training processes to key business partners in order to ensure operational continuity; identifying opportunities to replicate best practices and processes; making recommendations for implementation and delivery approaches; providing process definition and management to the organization; ensuring leadership and implementation teams have necessary materials; and managing the internal control assessment and remediation approach.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Contributing to Walmart's culture and teamwork by demonstrating ownership, accountability, and openness to feedback.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/HealthAt Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $97,500.00-$162,500.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, Education, or related field and 2 years’ experience in adult learning, training content development, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in adult learning, training content development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Instructional Design, Project Management, Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Human ResourcesProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma Black Belt - Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt - Certification
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth