Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager II, Payer Programs - Provider Relations
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Corporate Healthcare Roles
- Job Function Healthcare and Wellbeing Programs
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1395596
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Leads and manages a team in the coordination of implementation activities for new accounts and/or large-scale upgrades to existing accounts by
- implementing activities (for example, scoping, budgeting, planning, documenting, reporting)
- coordinating with the broader Health and Wellness business unit when required
- overseeing a team that provides customer support during the implementation process
- ensuring that all stakeholders are kept informed regarding project status and progress
- ensuring implementation is completed and defined objectives for the implementation are achieved
- capturing best practices from successful implementations and applying to other accounts, implementations, or contract negotiations.
Manages implementation of core payer program processes by
- overseeing negotiations and re-negotiations of contractual programs
- executing additional implementation and post-implementation requirements (for example, ensuring collections, terminations, pricing, and eligibility are set up and handled)
- identifying opportunities to streamline or improve the implementation and post-implementation processes.
Develops and executes quality assurance processes and workflows by
- creating and maintaining quality assurance processes and procedures
- establishing system checks to ensure accuracy of eligibility and billing systems.
Manages relationships with outside vendors by
- monitoring and tracking vendor reports and reimbursement rates to ensure claims are processed
- identifying opportunities for system modifications
- evaluating new vendors and providing vendor and recommendations to management.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by
- identifying customer and operational needs
- developing and communicating business plans and priorities
- removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance
- providing resources
- identifying performance standards
- measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly
- developing contingency plans
- demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by
- selecting and training
- assigning duties
- building a team-based work environment
- establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations
- providing recognition and rewards
- coaching for success and improvement
- ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by
- training and providing direction to others in their use and application
- ensuring compliance with them
- utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by
- evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives
- consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders
- soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
- Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
- Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
- Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
- Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
- Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 4 years’ experience in billing, healthcare, legal, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in billing, healthcare, legal, or related area. 1 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Contract Management, Working in or with Pharmacy Benefit ManagementMasters: Finance, Masters: Healthcare
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth