Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Data Analytics (HO)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1391157
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Leads and executes multiple large, complex projects plans by leading planning efforts; converting requirements into viable technical business intelligence and analytical solutions; assisting in the development and evaluation of detailed business intelligence specifications, performance criteria, and test criteria; evaluating and recommending vendor products; ensuring regulatory compliance; developing implementation procedures and standards; providing guidance to team members on reporting and visualization of information to communicate results and recommend action; and integrating third-party solutions.
Manages the implementation of compliance reporting strategy by identifying customer and operational needs and developing customized reports to reflect reporting requirements; providing guidance and direction on best practice reporting methods; developing internal reports to monitor obligations, risk mitigation plans, procedures, and long term strategy; identifying performance standards, measuring progress, and adjusting performance accordingly to meet set standards; reviewing and prioritizing report requests; reviewing new reporting concepts and determining business impact; analyzing project requests, developing solutions and providing implementation recommendations; leading cross functional teams responsible for implementing solutions; communicating projects, current reports, and strategy to stakeholders; reviewing third party or industry reporting systems and solutions for implementation options; and working with internal teams to test and implement new reporting technology.
Manages strategies that provide complex, data-based insight by overseeing the development of the datasets needed to support project-level models; coordinating with internal and external customers to build a consistent and accurate strategy for using metrics; overseeing the development of univariate and multivariate models to determine critical factors influencing project objectives; researching industry best practices and directing analyses utilizing advanced software and techniques; and ensuring evaluations and interpretations are accurate and relevant solutions to business problems.
Directs the presentation of data insights and recommendations to key stakeholders by developing insights based on data analysis; applying analytical results to project goals; identifying trends and key insights; translating results into business actions; and presenting insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
Leads reporting and business intelligence design process and solution development by overseeing the completion of feasibility studies, prototype construction, and optimization analyses; participating in project artifact and detailed business solution reviews; reviewing data visualization dashboards and reports for stakeholders; working with key stakeholders to develop and implement system enhancements; and recommending process improvements to leadership.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, Political Science, or related field and 4 years’ experience conducting mathematical or statistical research, analysis and modeling intelligence, corporate security, or related area OR 6 years’ experience conducting mathematical or statistical research, analysis and modeling intelligence, corporate security, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Business analysis and reporting, Leading project teams, Microsoft Office, Retail Software Programs, Statistical modeling software, SupervisoryMasters: Accounting, Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Finance, Masters: Mathematics, Masters: StatisticsProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth