Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Full-Time Hourly 1st Shift Specialist V, Security H&W Field
- Location SPRING, TX
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Global Investigations and Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1367973
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Ensures regulatory and corporate policy compliance (for example, Payment Card Industry (PCI), personally identifiable information (PII), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Fire Code, Life Safety) by addressing compliance-related issues; reporting and correcting violations (for example, eyewash stations, fire extinguishers, panic/duress alarms, egress and ingress routes); and implementing solutions to achieve compliance.
- Supports the development and implementation of protocols, programs, and training by providing input; making recommendations for improvement of safety and security protocols, standard operating procedures (SOPs), training, and security programs; ensuring compliance with Corporate Security protocols, SOPs, and company policy; updating and maintaining site-specific responsibilities; initiating the incident command system in emergency situations until relieved; and providing tactical response to emergency situations (for example, domestic violence, workplace violence, fire, severe weather, active shooter, chemical spill).
- Implements security systems and strategies (for example, compliance, crisis response, threat management, investigations, patrol, dispatch) by responding to alarm and intrusion detection system activation (for example, voice evacuation, panic/duress device, perimeter, motion/ground sensor); determining priorities of action in emergency situations; providing tactical security responses to life safety events and incidents (for example, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid) according to company guidelines; ensuring threats are reported and assisting with mitigation of identified threats; investigating reported corporate facility threats, allegations of policy violations, criminal activity, security breaches, and complaints; assessing visitor (for example, associates, guests, supplier, drivers, panhandlers) threat level; assisting with and escorting critical and valued information and merchandise (for example, legal files and documents, diamonds, mergers and acquisition documents).
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external partners to promote a safe working environment by providing tactical emergency responses during life safety incidents (for example, fire, bomb threats, active shooter situations); providing customer service with internal (for example, Alarm Technicians, Asset Protection, Facility Management) and external (for example, law enforcement, regulatory agencies) groups; and reporting feedback from customers. Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback. Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying and addressing improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by explaining, guiding, and demonstrating how to apply these in executing business processes and practices; implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and assisting management with correcting ethical and compliance issues and problems.
- Leads and participates in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining customer needs and business priorities; coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; and modeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges.
- Will complete and pass all core components of the Physical Security Specialist Training Academy within 90 days of job entry date and will maintain them while employed in this position.
- 1 year experience in security, law enforcement, military, emergency services or related field.
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, sociology, emergency management or related field.
- 3 years’ experience in security, law enforcement, military, emergency services or related field.
- Certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Successful completion of all core components of the Physical Security Specialist Training Academy within 90 days of hire.
Successful completion of any new core components (or re-certification requirements) of the Physical Security Specialist Training Academy during employment.
1 years’ experience in security, law enforcement, military, emergency services, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data Analytics, Microsoft Office
Primary Location...608 SPRING HL DR 3 STE 300, SPRING, TX 77386-6032, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth