Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Packaging, Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1331511
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a part of the Walmart Supply Chain organization, you will contribute to the growth and delivery of our Next Gen Packaging Engineering team! Why? Because Sam Walton founded our company with the belief that the customer is #1. It’s not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With our Supply Chain Team at the forefront of retail transformation you can work on a team that is ultimately focused on delighting our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of Supply Chain! If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, Senior Manager II, Packaging, Engineer, could be the fit you have been looking for.
- Project Management Experience - Day to day lifecycle, Scoping requirements, managing vendor relationships, Partnering with business and operators to roll out new technologies
- Manages packaging production by evaluating and appointing packaging resources based on production capabilities, geographic locations, quality control processes, innovation, equipment specifications, color management, and costs; analyzing key metrics; advising on industry standards of cost estimates.
- Resolves issues with packaging content by identifying discrepancies; determining needed resources; collaborating with business partners to develop solutions; implementing solutions or contingency plans; and establishing work processes, best practices, and standards for the packaging team.
- Managing global execution of packaging specifications by collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with Walmart standards; preparing presentations to communicate packaging direction; and posting of reference materials for the supplier community to the Walmart information system.
You’ll Make an Impact by
- Operational Excellence: Explains operational functions and key functional roles of own department or unit. Clarifies the role of each department and its relevance to the enterprise strategy.
- Data and Digital Literacy: Leverage data analysis tools to explore moderately complex data, develop and test hypotheses, uses data to influence strategic work, builds and presents insights.
- Partnership and Collaboration: Engage with team members on a periodic basis and establish credibility. Analyze stakeholder needs and partner with them to share relevant information.
- Business Acumen: Support the development of business cases and recommendations. Own the delivery of project activity and tasks assigned by others. Support process updates and changes.
- Influential Communication: Organize thoughts, communicates articulately, confidently, credibly, and concisely within scope.
- Automation Integration: Understands the concepts and uses for Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Engineering Economics: Describes the concepts behind engineering economics and implications of financial data.
- Advanced Analytics: Explains the key concepts and features of data analysis methods. Lists the major sources (e.g. tools, dashboards, industry sources etc.) for collecting.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re passionate about solving complex problems
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You can work with details, but also see the big picture
- You’re comfortable influencing others, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You are data-driven and a strategic thinker
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, English , or related field and 4 years’ experience in marketing, branding, packaging, retail, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in marketing, branding, packaging, retail, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand Management, Microsoft OfficeMasters: English, Masters: Marketing
Primary Location...601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth