Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Production Packaging Operator - Dairy (3rd Shift 10:30pm-7am,Mon-Fri) $21.85
- Location FORT WAYNE, IN
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1331493
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Monitors dairy plant production packaging (for example, resin receiving, bottle make, filling, casing) by following Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs.)
- ensures all paperwork is accurate.
- Documents and records production and quality information.
- Operates and troubleshoots state-of-the-art processing system through automated and manual controls.
- Monitors Filling and packaging equipment.
- Monitoring weight control.
- Communicates any problems or concerns to management.
- Performs inventory management by monitoring packaging materials.
- Enters material movement into inventory systems as appropriate.
- Stages product and packaging supplies to meet daily production schedule.
- Maintains accurate inventory records.
- Supports Continuous Improvement throughout the plant by ensuring filling equipment up is set up accurately to allow for product efficiencies (for example, clean in place, sterilize, product fill); performing food safety and quality assurance protocols as designated.
- operates box forming and packaging equipment properly.
- communicate and preform preventative maintenance as needed; and collaborating with other departments to increase machine efficiency and waste reduction.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources.
- collaborates with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners.
- identifies priorities, deadlines, and expectations.
- carries out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities.
- adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Live our Values
- Culture Champion
- Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Servant Leadership
- Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
- Embrace Change
- Curiosity & Courage
- Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
- Digital Transformation & Change
- Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
- Deliver for the Customer
- Customer Focus
- Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Strategic Thinking
- Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
- Focus on our Associates
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
- Collaboration & Influence
- Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
- impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
- Talent Management
- Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’
- contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications:1 year's experience in a distribution or production environment (for example, logistics supply chain, dairy plant, food processing or manufacturing).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Continuous Improvement, Food - Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Manufacturing, Six Sigma
Primary Location...2150 W PLEASANT CENTER ROAD, FORT WAYNE, IN 46819-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth