Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Intelligence Researcher, Cybersecurity
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Cybersecurity
- Job Function Cybersecurity
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1327771
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money, so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can’t do that without the best talent – talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
Walmart’s Cyber Intelligence Team utilizes tools and techniques to gather, analyze and report information used to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Walmart systems and protect Walmart business operations.
This position is located in Bentonville, AR, Reston, VA, or Atlanta, GA, and is located within Incident Management. Incident Management is comprised of Security Operations Center, Incident Response, Hunt Team, Data Assurance and Cyber Intelligence. Walmart’s Cyber Intelligence Team supports the teams located within Incident Management and other business partners internal and external to Walmart.
An applicant is expected to demonstrate up-to-date expertise in the cyber intelligence field and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices. Ideally the person applying to this position will have a technical background and experience reporting information gleaned during the successful implementation of the intelligence cycle.
Members on this team are also be expected support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders. This is accomplished by attending business meetings, traveling for conferences, and participating in industry working groups. Strong communication skills are necessity for this position and the person applying would need to be able to provide briefings, share cyber intelligence information at meetings, and attend question and answer sessions concerning cyber intelligence findings.
You will make an impact by:
- Monitor cyber threats by leveraging industry standard tools and best practices; collecting, analyzing, and correlating data points between various feeds (for example, network-based, file-based, database, web), tools, and personal interactions
- Analyzing data for patterns and link analysis to determine the need for further action
- Supports data security by responding to customer requests, questions, and problems related to data assurance
- Developing written intelligence briefings for various levels of stakeholders and communicating findings and status updates to customers
- Develops, coordinates, and implements Cybersecurity Intelligence system solutions and changes by gathering requirements to support implementations; coordinating with customers and other system areas; evaluating the system environment and supplier products; making recommendations relative to supplier products and services
- Representing Cybersecurity in divisional councils; researching information about new technologies; developing and reviewing system documentation; reviewing changes before and after product installations; and participating in solution reviews.
- Support Cybersecurity by developing specific expertise; discerning patterns of complex threat actor behavior and communicating an understanding of current and developing cyber threats
- Lead and participate in team tasks by receiving assignments from experienced team members or project leads; giving updates on assignments; leading in team meetings and discussions; creating and reviewing team documentation; and developing written and oral presentations for diverse audiences (for example, management, customers, suppliers, technical staff).
- Identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities
You will sweep us off our feet if you have….
- Experience with emerging computer or online technologies, online social behaviors, and computer or internet terminology
- Experience working with MS Office developing macros or using advanced functions. (for example, Vlookup, PivotTables/Charts)
- Experience in production support, including problem identification, and customer and vendor relations.
- Experience researching current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and performing security analysis techniques
- Experience researching and analyzing cyber threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures and/or data analysis skills
- Experience producing intelligence reports for a variety of consumers
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, information systems, cybersecurity or related area and 2 years’ work experience in cyber intelligence or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company. Option 2: 4 years’ experience in cyber intelligence or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certification in Security+, GISF, CISSP, CCSP, or GSEC, Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related area
Primary Location...10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth