Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Director, Carrier Procurement - Transportation - Logistics- International
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1326255
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Provides efficient use of fleet by managing backhaul operations from Walmart stores to distribution centers (DC); working with regional DC's and suppliers to forecast needs; ensuring the right capacity is available and scheduling loads from both suppliers and other organizations; and managing the dedicated (DEDI) process including forecasting and capacity management to fill holes in the backhaul network.
Develops carrier procurement strategy by providing final approval of lane definition through the use of historical load data; forecasting the future twelve-month demand; collaborating with internal (for example, business unit leadership) and external (for example, carriers) to understand current and future transportation requirements, industry trends, and potential impact; negotiating with current carriers to ensure adequate capacity to meet current and long-term transportation demand; mitigating risk and leveraging Walmart expenditures through portfolio diversification; building the business case and making recommendations to internal senior leadership; and planning and facilitating capacity coverage in response to events (for example, emergency, disaster relief, seasonal and peak merchandise flows, network realignments).
Oversees the purchase of third-party carrier transportation in support of United States domestic inbound transportation by conducting network requests for pricing (RFP) to source transportation modes (for example, capacity utilizing truckload, less than truckload (LTL), Intermodal); monitoring market conditions to ensure lowest rate; determining and negotiating contract terms with third-party senior leadership; negotiating and administering the execution agreements for rates, lanes, and rate addendums; overseeing project management of long-term incremental RFPs to support General Merchandise and specialty departments (for example, Dedicated Grocery, Import Drayage, Sam's Club, Fixtures); overseeing auditing of manual system overrides for negative trends and process compliance; providing Operations and Merchandising optimal mode of transportation to obtain the lowest overall expense; and overseeing corporate traffic transportation budget.
Manages external vendor relationships and their Walmart business portfolios by overseeing customer service provided by direct reports to carriers; assisting new suppliers in their interaction with Walmart Transportation; working with internal customers on current and future business needs; facilitating the communication and compliance of Walmart vendor environmental sustainability initiatives and overall performance; acting as the vendor liaison with between Operations while ensuring carriers' network stabilization, incumbency, and lane balance; and facilitating communication with the carrier base providing education regarding inbound transportation strategies, initiatives, and trends in the transportation sector.
Directs system management of Global Transportation System (GTS) and Optibid Product by leading a cross-functional team to identify enhancements of the product; participating in a collaborative partnership with ISD to further enhance the Optibid Product; training the management team on the software and its function; and serving as the subject matter expert for systems initiatives involving Optibid or bidding processes. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related Field OR 4 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field. 8 or more years of supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Operations, Transportation
Primary Location...311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth