Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
- Location WICHITA, KS
- Career Area Customer Service and Call Center
- Job Function Customer Service and Call Center
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1311442
What you'll do at
Position Summary...As a Cake Decorator you will drive member service in your area to deliver to our members more of what they love, for less. You will work collaboratively with other associates to ensure the total club meets the member’s expectations.
What you'll do...
- Be a Team Member: Collaborates with cross functional teams and helps educate other associates on tools, tasks, and resources; communicates and develops interpersonal skills for providing customer service; being flexible to the needs of the business; maintaining in-stock levels; and controlling shrinkage.
- Be an Expert: Plans the bakery productions; ensuring consistency in quality and accuracy of bakery decorative designs; following recipe measurement instructions; working with a variety of products (for example, decorating bags, tips, nozzles) to create decorative flowers and lettering on bakery items; ensuring adherence to food safety standards, sanitation guidelines, cold chain compliance, and inventory management; operating, maintaining, and sanitizing equipment; and demonstrating understanding of product and layout execution.
- Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, merchandise ordering, training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapting to new tools and encouraging others to use them.
- Be an Owner: Drives the performance of the bakery area; ensuring quality and date control standards; eliminating waste; preparing for seasonal events that impact the bakery volume (for example, holidays, graduations, family events); identifying member needs; assisting members with purchasing decisions; and resolving member issues and concerns.
- Be a Talent Ambassador: Being a brand advocate by valuing the member's experience in Bakery and modeling high quality service and products; interacting with associates to understand the roadblocks and assisting in training; developing, influencing and inspiring them for working in a style that is respectful, supportive and team oriented.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications6 months' experience in fresh production area.
Must be 18 years of age or older
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Cake Decorating
Primary Location...3084 N. MAIZE ROAD, WICHITA, KS 67205-0000, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth