Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Strategy and New Business Development - Walmart.com (Walmart+)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1307055
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart+ is a membership program that brings together valuable in-store and digital benefits like no other retailer can. With benefits such as Free delivery from your store, Free shipping with no order minimum, Walmart Rewards for members, Video streaming with Paramount+ and Member prices on fuel. Walmart+ helps our members save time & money. The Benefits Strategy & Development team is accountable for driving membership growth by expanding the Walmart+ value proposition through the development of new member benefits, offers, and other initiatives.
How often have you had an opportunity to help lead and set direction for a new membership business offering providing essential benefits to customers scale? Join us as we build Walmart+, a best-in-class membership program, for the world’s largest retailer and Fortune 1 company.
We are looking for a high caliber, experienced, and motivated strategic business development professional with experience building and/or executing complex partnerships across a range of industries at scale. This individual will be an early member of the Walmart+ business development team, a recent initiative with strategic significance and high exposure.
What you'll do...
- Drive membership product strategy through strategic partnerships with businesses, developers, and leading consumer product and service companies
- Align strategy to deal flow by identifying potential strategic partners, design creative commercial constructs, lead complex negotiations, and identify win-win scenarios/solutions and bring these partners to the execution stage
- Work closely and collaborate with strategic planning, product, partnerships, marketing, PR, legal and finance to build business cases that support each partnership to bring them to life
- C-level and senior management exposure with partners is common
Ultimately these unique partnerships will improve the overall value proposition for Walmart+ and the Walmart U.S. ecosystem through benefits, seasonal, limited time offerings and by leveraging our new rewards platform.
- Collaboration and relationship-building experience — with the experience developing working relationships at all levels of management.
- Experience defining, developing and leading cross functional initiatives.
- 10+ years of experience in strategic partnerships or business development structuring and negotiating complex agreements, including interpreting legal documents and work with attorneys to complete agreements. This includes extensive experience with IP rights.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to orchestrate and successfully complete deals and programs.
- Experience working with product to define product strategy and product requirements.
- Experience negotiating complex agreements and finding win-win solutions.
- Experience co-creating innovative new offerings in collaboration with partners.
- High level of enthusiasm and innovation with experience to adapt easily to change and multitask.
- Interpersonal skills and experience developing working relationships inside and outside Walmart.
- Experience in being creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Effective presentation and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree
- Fluency in English
- Travel up to 20% of the time, including regular trips to Bentonville, AR.
- Previous experience in consulting, retail/ecommerce, health & wellness or financial services.
- Knowledge of membership programs and rewards programs.
- MBA or other Master’s degree
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth