Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Analyst II, Specialty Compliance and Ethics, Seller Risk and Compliance
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Ethics and Compliance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1306752
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Trust & Safety (T&S) Group within Walmart Global E-commerce is responsible for defining, enforcing, and promoting policies, programs, and products to ensure safe transactions and maintain trust across our marketplace business. T&S responsibilities include mitigating risks around Intellectual Property.
As part of T&S, the Analyst II, Seller Risk and Compliance will manage seller investigations to ensure risks are mitigated and appropriate enforcement action is taken. This position will also support the Trust & Safety team based in China with policy implementation, improving operational workflows and team processes, and conducting analysis on seller risk trends and behavior.
The position will report into the Senior Manager II, Seller Risk and Compliance Operations and will partner with Trust & Safety Operations, Analytics and Product teams.
This position must also cultivate an environment where the candidate respects and adheres to company standards of integrity and ethics, while developing and leveraging internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Managing high-priority escalations of China-based sellers on both US and Canada marketplaces, auditing the sellers, and conducting investigations into sellers reported from a fraud perspective
- Reviewing and implementing policies, processes and procedures to support the T&S China Operations, and train agents on new policies and workflow updates
- Finding gaps in the Seller Risk and Compliance policies and workflows, and implementing programs to mitigate resulting risks
- Providing feedback to engineering teams for product and tool enhancements
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Data Science and Analytics teams to implement proactive enforcement initiatives
- Creating, documenting and translating Standard Operating Processes and prioritization matrices across seller risk programs
- Providing detailed reporting on Seller Risk data to leadership
The ideal candidate is process oriented, with experience in driving policies and implementing guidance for distributed operations teams. The position requires fluency in Chinese/Mandarin and knowledge of seller fraud on eCommerce platforms, as well as experience working in an operations role, managing multiple workflows, and resolving high priority escalations with tight deadlines.
We are looking for a cross-functional team player who operates with a sense of urgency, can handle controversy, and makes decisions firmly and objectively.
This position will require work during China time-zone.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have…
· 3+ years of relevant experience in, risk management, policy enforcement, fraud operations or legal operations
· Strong communication skills over email, phone, and in-person and the ability to de-escalate conflict, understand legal sensitivities, and create scalable solutions
· The ability to analyze large data sets to identify patterns and use insights to drive improvements
· Great organization skills and the ability to distill large concepts into clear and cohesive communication suited for any audience
· Experience working with product and tools, identifying areas for improvements, and communicating with technical teams
· Proven results of balancing due diligence while delivering fast outcomes that customers love
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Experience operating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with matrixed reporting while relying on others
· Familiarity with the eCommerce customer experience, site and business
· Experience working with external stakeholders, industry partners, and government regulators.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Fluency in Chinese/Mandarin both written and verbal. Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field OR 2 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Customer Research, Data Analysis and Insights
Masters: Business Administration
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field OR 2 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Customer Research, Data Analysis and InsightsMasters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...800 W California Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth