Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Merchant - Sam's Club: Over-the-Counter (OTC)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1303789
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart and Sam’s Club, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
As a Merchant, you’ll serve as an advocate for our customers and see the products you buy come to life in stores and online. The Merchant is responsible for developing and fostering productive relationships with our suppliers. Imparting the Walmart and Sam's Club way of working, driving efficiencies, and ensuring accountability within our supplier community is essential. Merchants act as the driving force behind this effort. Part visionary and part strategist, you’ll be the expert for the OTC category and leverage the scale and access of the Walmart and Sam’s Club system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
You will work closely in a cross-functional buying team to help establish strategy and manage budgets to drive profitable growth, develop robust partnerships with suppliers, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience. Success in this role requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit.
The Over-the-Counter (OTC) merchandising team at Sam’s Club is member obsessed and makes every category decision with the member at the center. We are a growing, dynamic, innovative business looking for game changers with new ideas and a team mentality.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Executing the division strategy: you’ll help establish strategy, manage budgets to drive profitable growth, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience
- Building relationships: you’ll use your influencing and leadership skills to build partnerships with suppliers, vendors, business partners and other Merchants
- Making decisions: you’ll make decisions about nearly every aspect of your products including replenishment, supply chain, manufacturers, store operations, planning, assortment, budgets, and pricing
- Knowing your category: you’ll know your customers and suppliers better than anyone and will always be thinking about what is next for your business
- Becoming a product expert: you’ll have hands on experience in product creation reviewing market trends, product quality, and packaging design
- Having an omni approach: you’ll not only buy product for clubs, but for online as well, building an omni-level strategy based on how our customers shop
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have experience in Digital Merchandising (Merchandising experience is required)
- You have experience in the OTC and Wellness categories
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You are comfortable managing a multimillion-dollar business with profit and loss responsibility
- You enjoy owning and developing plans for highly complex category strategy, supporting long term business plans and executing prioritized strategic initiatives.
- You are data savvy: you can analyze performance, understand trends, and translate results into strategies
- You are tenacious, dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition
- You have a passion for product and want to be involved in the full product life cycle, from product creation to execution
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and 2 years’ experience in merchandising or related field OR 4 years’ experiencein merchandising or related field OR Bachelor's degree in Business and the succesful completion of a Sam's ClubMerchandising internship. 1 year's experience creating and analyzing profit and loss statements.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Merchandising, Retail Industry, Supply Chain
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth