Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Management II, Product Management - Product Marketing
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1302516
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Walmart Marketing team is seeking a Product Marketer to help build our first team to specifically drive awareness of our emerging products, services and experiences. Walmart is world-class at branding, advertising, merchandising and more, but we have never put a focus on letting the world know about our product innovations – now is the time.
Elevating our “experiences” – which include products and services, as well as the capabilities that bring them to life and enable them – you will help architect an entirely new approach that will elevate these experiences in the eyes of our customers, associates, and the world at large.
Residing in the Marketing organization you will come with a multi-faceted marketing background that will allow you to understand our existing approaches and channels, and dovetail collaboratively with them. Your closest partners will be our product managers, Comms/Public Relations, and the broader Walmart Marketing team.
You need to be technically versed enough to be briefed by Product on incoming innovations and understand their unique values, while also a strong of enough of a narrative builder to translate that value to a myriad of audiences and channels. You will strive to have a broad view of our future roadmaps, sift out the innovations that will showcase Walmart as an industry leader, position and juxtapose them against the competitive landscape, and work up poignant messaging for our various audiences. You will help achieve leadership alignment around that messaging, and then collaborate with the wider Marketing organization to translate that work to our Marketing channels and schedules. You will own the rollout schedules, you will air-traffic-control all the production teams keeping them in sync across their various deliverables to ensure a consistent message, look, and feel in the ultimate run-up to our launches.
Data needs to be central to all you do, working closely with our Customer Insights team to sift truth out of research, and then apply those learnings to authentic approaches to what you market. The ability to back up all we do with real information is a central principle to Walmart Marketing in order to build trust with our customers as we deliver benefits to enrich their lives.
You must come with the ability to lift up to 100,000 feet to understand Walmart’s wider business and branding goals. You must also be able to navigate the inner workings of the world’s largest retailer at the ground level. On Monday you may be presenting your plans to leadership, on Tuesday you may be in the trenches with your Marketing and Creative peers determining rollout schedules, on Wednesday you may be crafting media FAQs with Comms, and on Thursday you may be briefing a team of in-store associates on a new launch. The ability to align to the big picture and translate our experiences powerfully to our customers, our associates, your peers, and our leadership is paramount. This is a critical part of Walmart’s narrative that has not been fully told before, and you will be a vital storyteller.
- Geographical preference for San Francisco Bay Area with access to our Sunnyvale and San Bruno campuses, New York City/Hoboken NJ area, or the Bentonville, Arkansas area.
- Effective as a critical partner for Product Managers, Retail Marketing, Comms/PR, and Brand.
- Work with Head of Product Marketing and your peers to refine a launch methodology and set of straight-forward processes, in conjunction with adjacent teams, that will become our established approach to rollouts.
- Forge relationships with product owners, and sift through product roadmaps to surface emerging compelling marketable experiences, capabilities, services and/or physical products.
- Deep focus on knowing our customer problems and using them as the lens by which we prioritize our choice and intensity of activities – always scoping based upon customer, competition and company
- Articulate the compelling nature of our emerging experiences, drafting foundational positioning and messaging that will resonate with customers and internal stakeholders; ability to achieve messaging consensus.
- Relay positioning and messaging frameworks to Marketing channel stakeholders, monitor their adaptation to channel voices as appropriate, highlight misalignments with wider efforts as they surface.
- Collaborate with peers across the organization to determine how/when work will get done and finalized.
- Frequently communicate in a structured manner with leadership throughout launch cycles.
- Determine tools you will need to be efficient and effective.
- Contantly be looking at the data, taking into account what we learn, and always hunting for new ways to measure the impact of our activities – connecting product marketing go-to-market with business performance
- Nurture a feedback loop from customers to Product Marketing and Product Management that will highlight areas for future improvement and refinement.
- Be a resource to help Walmart’s product leaders tell their stories to internal audiences as needed – at experience conception, when seeking buy-in for budgets/headcount for new initiatives, and post-launch when summarizing outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in marketing within innovation-based organizations with strong technology and product development facets; a strong understanding of product development and marketing methodologies.
- Experience working with leadership within high performance digital product cultures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to present status, facts, thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner to stakeholders and leadership; demonstrable experience interacting and presenting to executives.
- Proven record of managing creative projects and agencies to augment team abilities.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 4 years’ experience in product management or related field OR 6 years’ experience in product management or related field.
2 years' experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Building and leading high performing teams, Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution development, Proven track record of successful product creation with measurable and significant business impactMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth