Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Associate Director, Marketing Planning And Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1302059
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
About the job..
We’re looking for a highly strategic and customer-centric thinker who can help develop and implement the vision for member = retention communications through utilization of key marketing channels (including email, push, direct mail, SMS, etc). You will also partner cross functionally, with internal teams as well as external agencies, to drive cutting edge innovation - helping Sam’s lead the way in using data and personalization to drive engagement from our members.
What you'll do...
- Work cross-functionally to develop, lead, and execute omni-channel marketing strategies for lifecycle, conversion/transaction, and other similar campaigns to drive member growth, engagement, and retention throughout the customer journey
- Oversee and perform member segmentation analytics (behavioral, attitudinal, demographic) and formulate a segmentation strategy within current member base to optimize campaign performance
- Use innovation and data to identify and define personas to move members up the value chain and increase LTV
- Use deep insights and predictive analytics to determine optimal member contact strategy across all CRM channels
- Define and own goals, KPIs, budget and revenue forecasts
- Develop testing strategies (A/B and multivariate tests) in partnership with Decision Science to continually optimize all areas of the program, including identifying opportunities to better understand our member segments and their lifecycle and behaviors
- Present hindsight campaign reporting - ensuring that all share outs include key learnings
- Partner with Product and Tech teams to communicate and share out data requirements for marketing needs while prioritizing initiatives based on business objectives
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are organized, disciplined, and can problem solve
- You possess superior communication skills, flexibility, and grace under pressure
- You have an analytical mindset with experience using data to identify trends and garner business insights to continually optimize performance
- You have a minimum 8-12 years of retention marketing experience across areas including CRM, marketing channels (email, direct mail, push), engagement, customer segmentation, and promotions in a B2C environment.
- You are results-oriented with a track record of delivering on goals for retention marketing programs
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Marketing Analytics, Information Technology or related field; Master’s degree a plus
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 3 years' experience in marketing or related field OR 7 years'
experience in marketing or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading cross-functional projects, Marketing or related field, Supervisory experienceMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...3500 SE CLUB BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-5182, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth