Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Data Scientist (Computer Vision AR/VR)
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1293961
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Data Scientist (Computer Vision)
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
About Walmart Global Tech Org
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That is what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We are a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
About Emerging Tech Team
The Emerging Tech team is passionate about solving customer and associate problems with the newest technologies. The team is responsible for creating breakthrough capabilities, delivering frictionless experiences, and making these technologies easily available to thousands of Walmart developers and 2.2 million associates. The applications and services built on these capabilities are used by hundreds of millions of customers daily. We are building new platforms to bring physical and digital world together.
What you will be part of
At Walmart’s Emerging Tech Extended Reality team, we own some of the most challenging, fascinating, and impactful work in the fields of Computer vision, Machine learning and Deep Learning for next generation Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality experiences.
We are looking for Applied Scientists/researchers/Computer vision engineers with algorithms, programming and/or systems background.
- Process large scale Walmart datasets using distributed cloud computing technologies to create and maintain 3D assets for the Walmart catalog.
- Use computer vision techniques to create advanced deep learning models for 2D/3D image generation and synthesis, image classification, scene segmentation, object detection, keypoint detection.
- Build and maintain ML/DL model pipelines and services with a focus on latency, throughput, and scalability.
- End to end ownership and collaboration with product, engineering, vendors, and annotation partners to drive production ML application integrations and maintenance.
- Collaborate with other internal Walmart Data Science teams to enable high quality user experiences powered by AI/ML around computer vision.
- Read and implement research papers, strive for improvements in all aspects of the Computer Vision ML pipeline from better data generation techniques, more performant algorithms to highly efficient model deployments.
- Master's degree in Computer Science with specialization in computer vision and/or machine learning or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience with machine learning algorithms and tools and 1 year of experience in deep learning. Experience in launching Machine Learning models in products and building production pipelines/services.
- Experience with TensorFlow, Tensorflow 3D, Pytorch, Pytorch3D, JAX, numpy, C++, Python, Unix, Docker, CPU and GPU architectures.
- Experience with publishing at conferences/journals in Machine learning/Computer Vision
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Experience with 3D Real-time rendering of scenes, objects using NeRF and other more recent neural approaches.
- Experience writing architectures with CNNs, vision transformers and pre-training from scratch/fine-tuning.
- Experience with deep learning for synthetic data generation using GANs, diffusion models, multimodal architectures like CLIP.
- Experience with Few-shot learning, transfer learning, unsupervised and semi-supervised methods, contrastive learning, active learning, weakly supervised auto labeling, semantic search index.
- Experience with GCS, BigQuery, Nvidia Toolkits or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following programming Languages: Java, Python, Bash, Spark (SQL, Streaming), Hadoop Map-Reduce experience. Build Manager (Maven), Distributed Version Control (GIT), Continuous Integration (Jenkins) experience.
- Experience in Pytorch 3D, Nvidia Kaolin is a plus.
- Experience in building Augmented Reality applications using Unity or other AR SDK’s
- Experience with Mixed Reality/Virtual Reality(Holo Lens, Gear, Occulus, Vive, Rift.)
- Experience in using 3D Modelling tools such as Maya, Blender and other photogrammetry tooling.
- Experience in Game Design, 3D modelling, and 3D Computer Graphics is a plus
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
Primary Location...680 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4834, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth