Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Director, Security, Facility Security and Technology
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Global Investigations and Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1285528
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Are you ready to join our Facility Security and Technology team and protect the World’s largest retailer from physical threats? The Director, Facility Security and Technology position is a critical role charged with mitigating risk from external actors that pose threats to Walmart’s associates, customers, brand, reputation, and operations. The Director of Facility Security and Technology will help to design, develop, and enhance the Facility Security and Technology program, and will work with a team of subject matter experts focused on preventing, detecting, and responding to physical threats by establishing best practices and collaborating with cross functional teams. In this role, you will utilize technology to enhance our current security processes, implement security policy to support the program, and leverage existing security programs, such as Risk Intelligence to assist in protecting corporate assets.
The Director must continuously analyze the dynamic internal and external threat environments. Must partner internally with business unit leaders to understand the business needs, strategies, and build program elements that meet the needs of today and tomorrow’s business and security operations and threat environments. Must partner with local, state and federal entities and organizations to build information sharing networks and relationships.
You’ll make an impact by…
· Leveraging significant prior experience in law enforcement at the national and international levels including experience driving strategic risk mitigation, incident reduction and creating external security partnerships and coalitions
· Exerting your experience in addressing physical threats and threats from external threat actors by working with a team of security experts.
· Use business best practices and procedures that will identify and mitigate physical threats.
· Assist in the innovating and creation of strategies and policies that support the prevention, detection, and response to physical threats.
· Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to help guide and employ mitigation strategies.
· Assist in developing and enhancing Corporate Security Awareness and Education campaigns.
· Leveraging the Intelligence team to support Global Security and Strategic Preparedness goals and objectives.
· Developing strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, including Cyber, Privacy, Investigations, Legal, AP, SC, and our People Teams.
· Assist in developing and enhancing Security Policy to support the protection of our stores, DCs, FC, corporate facilities, sensitive sites, and other properties.
· Continuously evaluate changes in the threat environment, to include tactics and techniques to enhance protective capabilities.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
· You have demonstrated your ability to build and leverage law enforcement relationships at the local, state and federal levels to support daily crisis responses or incidents.
· You are comfortable building relationships, leveraging internal partnerships with key stakeholders and working collaboratively on a cross-functional team.
· You can integrate local, state, and federal authorities to minimize risk and maximize a full government response to support/mitigate crisis incidents or special events.
· You are process-minded and actively seek out opportunities for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
· You are a subject matter expert in risk reduction, risk analysis, risk spotting, threat identification and mitigation.
· You are familiar with vetting processes within a corporate environment.
· You are comfortable with technology and how to leverage tools to improve processes.
· You are driven to execute and to act quickly.
· You have a proven track record partnering with local, state and federal entities and organizations to build information sharing networks and relationships.
· You have strong verbal and written communication skills and can confidently interact with senior leadership and stakeholders
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Law, Risk Management, or related field and 5 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Emergency Management, Project ManagementMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth