Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Staff Product Management - Staff Data Analyst, Last Mile
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1283578
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Staff Data Analyst
The Last Mile team works on fulfilling customer demand for everything in the store and making it available at the comfort of their home. We want our customers to have every option available to shop for their needs: wherever, whenever, and however they want it. As the biggest player in the game, Walmart trusts our associates to innovate the future of shopping.
As a Staff Data Analyst, you will act as a Last Mile Business Analytics expert inspiring teams and leaders to make data-driven decisions. You will apply your data analysis skills to support the execution and evolution of our on-going initiatives and provide actionable insights to achieve results in Walmart’s Last Mile Delivery space. You will serve as a trusted partner/advisor and collaborate with a wide variety of teams, spanning across Customers, Product, Operations and Supply Chain, while influencing decisions at the highest levels of the organization.
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, this role, with the world’s largest retailer, could be the fit you have been looking for.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities and drive product strategy.
- Define how teams measure success by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics, in close partnership with Product Management and other disciplines such as engineering, operations and marketing.
- Perform deep-dive analysis across all areas of our business to drive growth strategies.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide recommendation of relevance, applicability and efficiency of product features.
- Design and run experiments and develop dashboards and data visualizations to enable observability and to communicate results to leadership.
- Answer complex business questions via SQL queries to enable business and product owners to make critical decisions.
- Build Regression, Clustering and NLP models to enable us to present the best product data to customers.
- Drive understanding of our users and their interaction with our products, through in-depth analyses of user interaction and engagement.
- Work with cross functional group consisting of Product, Engineering & Operations managers to drive data-based decisions.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have Proficiency in SQL, Hadoop/Hive including R/Python.
- You have proven A/B testing frameworks, Machine learning frameworks.
- You know how to use hypothesis testing, statistics and probabilities.
- You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- You’re a proficient with storytelling and writing newsletters
- You can drive projects with limited guidance. Provide thought leadership by researching best practices and conducting experiments
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth