Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Advanced Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1278784
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Make your mark on the legacy of Walmart and come build the next great retail disruptor of global online marketplaces. With Walmart eCommerce, you will redefine the future of shopping and create innovative solutions alongside supportive teammates while influencing millions of shoppers daily. Walmart Marketplace is a curated community of respected, professional sellers who offer only top-quality, authentic products and best-in-class customer service. Marketplace is an integral part of Walmart’s growth strategy and fast-paced innovation is embedded into every aspect of what we are building.
The Marketplace team is looking for a Senior Manager of Advanced Analytics who can use complex data science to help our leaders and cross-functional teams make informed decisions, measure success, and drive the business. You will be responsible for building out a holistic view of performance as well as a detailed analytics roadmap by leveraging state of the art analytics tools (i.e., SQL/Hive/Hadoop/Cloud, Adobe Analytics, VisualIQ, Tableau/ThoughtSpot/Looker, etc.). Some of the key focus areas are going to be Seller and Assortment growth, Assortment quality measurement, Seller Account Management, etc. This is a highly visible role as you will be partnering with senior leaders (Directors/Sr Directors) on business and product teams to define and measure the success of Marketplace business.
You will make an impact by:
- Contributing to a high-performance culture delivering multiple projects, priorities in a fast-paced and growing segment of Walmart ecommerce business
- Leading the development of strategy for reporting, testing, analyzing, and forecasting business performance for Marketplace (3rd Party Sellers) segment
- Identify and provide both tactical ad hoc insights and a strategic ongoing roadmap of deep analytics
- Delivering key data-driven business insights, working with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities that drive business / product strategy
- Working with the Product Management team to find gaps in current products, gathering requirements, creating data moratoriums, and designing state-of-the-art data products for helping business users.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with the Product, Data Science, and other Analytics teams to understand growth and risk factors of new and future product releases.
- Defining how teams measure success by developing user/business metrics
- Working effectively with our Business, Product, Technology, and Data teams to understand our strategy and operating model and translate that into the right analytic approaches, data requirements and data models
- Designing and conducting A/B and multi-variate tests by developing test plans, defining success metrics, analyzing, and transforming data into actionable insights
- Operating with agility while effectively leveraging corporate structure to achieve goals
- Gaining support from the broader Walmart enterprise by engaging with cross-functional teams, leadership, and key stakeholders
- Automating data and analytic solutions at scale
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a storyteller using data
- You have experience solving new problems – digging in and finding answers
- You operate with customer centricity at the forefront
- You have experience working in multiple business areas / functions / segments
- You have a strong understanding of statistics with applied experience on analyzing large data sets
- You can collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- You have sound knowledge of managing data for experiments (sampling, labelling, EDA, etc.)
- You have strong skills in Python, R, SQL, and Hive queries
- You have experience transforming/automating data within cloud architectures (ie. Google Cloud Platform)
- You have hands on experience with data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau, R Shiny, and/or Looker
- You can work effectively with internal stakeholders, including data scientists and data engineers
- You are curious, proactive, and comfortable working in unstructured environments
- You have experience driving understanding of customers and their interaction with products, through in-depth analyses of user behavior and engagement
- You have a passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 7+ years of experience in data analysis or an analytical capacity
- 3+ years of experience in Retail Analytics, Digital Analytics, or eCommerce Analytics
- 2+ years of experience leading cross functional teams and influencing Product, Finance, Business Operations and Engineering
- Strong organizational skills, a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and the ability to lead projects, communicate effectively, and be a self-starter
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related technical field
- Background in Marketplace Analytics, Digital Analytics, Retail and/or eCommerce
- Retail and/or eCommerce industry experience in a heavily data-driven environment
How you’ll thrive at Walmart:
- Performance-based incentive awards
- 401k with company match
- Stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave
- Working alongside collaborative, innovative team members
- Ability to growth and develop across several areas of the Fortune 1 organization
- And much more
About Walmart eCommerce
We are Walmart eCommerce—the team shaping the future of online shopping by redefining the global online marketplace that influences millions of shoppers daily. We bring a passion and expertise that is unmatched, and our efforts have an epic impact on the world around us, both inside and outside of work. With colleagues across the nation, we strive to create a sense of belonging and embrace diversity in all forms, with no shortage of guidance and support for you as you grow and develop your career here. Discover the impact you can make at careers.walmart.com.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 3 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 5 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis, Statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, R)Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth