Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Managing Counsel I
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Legal
- Job Function Legal
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1275469
What you'll do at
What you'll do...Join the Legal Regulatory Compliance team as the Managing Counsel I, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearm (ATF) - License & Permits (L&P). This role is critical to the mitigation of corporate risk by ensuring consistent application of U.S. laws and regulations governing the ATF businesses and L&P Program.
In this role, you will support and advise the business, compliance, and Walmart leadership on the applicable obligations and risks in both subject areas. On the ATF side, you will work with Walmart and Sam’s Club’s ATF businesses and compliance teams, to whom you will provide guidance and support on both regulatory issues and business strategies. You will also advise the License & Permits team, which covers a wide range of subject matter that extends beyond physical stores and clubs into Walmart’s growing ecommerce space. You'll make an impact by…
• Providing legal advice to the company by helping clients understand obligations and risks, developing strategies to respond to legal issues, and counseling on legal compliance and costs of business initiatives related to primarily US ATF and L&P
• Understanding legislative trends and significant legal decisions and engaging with administrative and regulatory agencies on Walmart’s behalf
• Identifying the need for and directing legal support for business transactions and projects by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
• Reviewing and approving business initiative implementation strategies
• Overseeing the filing of governmental notices or disclosures; collaborating with officer-level clients on significant risks; reviewing legal documents, notices, and announcements; representing the company before courts of law, legislative bodies, governmental agencies, and other tribunals; reviewing legislative and regulatory developments and other research; and developing the strategy for insurance and indemnification
• Developing relationships as business partners with clients by understanding the global business goals and objectives and providing business related input
• Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer need; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results
You'll sweep us off our feet if…
• You're a subject matter expert in the fields of alcohol, tobacco, firearms, or licensing and permits
• You have experience leading cross-functional teams
• You can think strategically and execute on tactical plans
• You have project management experience
Location: This position will be located at our Home Office in Bentonville, AR. Currently, we are not considering a remote or hybrid role.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with 100% company paid college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com.
The annual salary range for this position is $150,000.00 to $330,000.00.
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Law degree from an accredited law school and 6 years’ experience in law.
License to practice law in at least one state.
2 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth