Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Art Director, Walmart Connect Creative Team (Senior Manager, Creative, eComm)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1257837
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Connect
What do Snap, Roku, TikTok and you all have in common? They all want to work with Walmart Connect. This team is at the forefront of innovating the Walmart shopping experience with the ambition of deepening our consumers’ love for Walmart and their favorite brands. As the Art Director aligned to Entertainment, Toys, and Seasonal you will be working with some of Walmart’s largest advertisers to create compelling omni-channel campaign work from concept to final execution. You will use data and insights to create campaign strategy and concepts, develop designs and the look and feel for brand experiences that solve customer problems, on and off Walmart.com. We call this “retail storytelling,” and as a Digital Art Director on the Entertainment, Toys, and Seasonal verticals, you will bring these stories to life.
As an Art Director at Connect, you will utilize your strong conceptual, presentation, storytelling and project management skills, as well as digital media, and of course, an acute attention to detail to transform creative concepts into thoughtful design work for our advertisers. Being a strategic + innovative thinker, having the ability to build and maintain professional relationships, and possessing strong business acumen, and effective time and project management skills will serve you well and enable you to work harmoniously with and influence cross-functionally with multiple internal and external groups.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with other Art Directors, Designers, and Copywriters to create and produce compelling digital solutions that align with business objectives outlined in project briefs.
• Execute multiple creative concepts and design solutions to translate business needs into effective creative solutions. Ability to mentor designers to do the same.
• Ensure projects are delivered with both Walmart and partner brands in mind, and follow brand and ad product guidelines
• Explore trends and competitive landscape, incorporating appropriate use of color, type, tone, and style into digital design practices.
• Review and manage multiple projects with internal creative team and external agency partners.
• Provide dedicated creative support for top ETS Home & Hardlines, as well as consultants to brands and their agency partners.
• Familiarity with designing for web, mweb, and app, keeping the user journey in mind.
You’ll Sweep us off our feet if you have…
- 6-8+ years of creative experience. Experience in the omnichannel, multi-brand retail industry is preferred.
- College degree; BA or BFA preferred in Design or related field.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe CC: Photoshop, and Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects.
- Animation experience a plus with use of Cinema 4D, Blender, or other 3D related software.
- Passion for working on digital projects that include web and UX/UI design for landing pages and custom experiences
- Solid organizational skills, detail oriented. Capable of working on multiple projects concurrently in a very fast paced environment, ensuring that quality deliverables are achieved on time.
- Strong relationship-building skills. Ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines.
- Enjoys working with others and collaborating with a positive attitude.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Design, Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 3 years' experience in editorial content management or related field OR 5 years' experience in editorial content management or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Managing copy teams in a retail creative environment, Managing large editorial content campaigns in an online creative or related digital field, Supervisory, Working for or with creative agencies
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth