Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Human Resources Generalist - Human Resources, Store No.8
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1241488
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Primary Location: San Bruno, CA or Seattle, WA
About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Global People, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
About the job:
As the Senior Manager within the Global People Organization, you will be working directly with senior leaders to deliver people strategies, lead change, deliver best in class talent pipeline, and leverage data insights to navigate business decisions. You will drive workforce plans to enable strategic business outcomes and your business partners will lean on you as their executive coach to provide strategic guidance on people related decisions.
This role will partner will support the Global Finance and Global Governance organizations with alignment to the three key areas of Enterprise Strategy, Store No.8 Innovation & Incubation and Digital Citizenship.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Driving people strategy by understanding strategic business goals and objectives; advising on the execution of organizational change initiatives; assessing people implications of various strategies; providing guidance to business leaders on people related issues.
- Driving consistent execution of the company's people practices, systems, and personnel-related activities by auditing people practices, and analyzing and interpreting reports
- Creating action plans to resolve instances of non-compliance; conducting observations and investigations; and providing advice and consulting for managers on people related issues.
- Conducting data analysis on cross-functional data; identifying and escalating risks and concerns; interpreting and summarizing data for reports and presentations; and making data-driven recommendations
- Creating and maintaining reports, reporting tools, and templates; and maintaining information security and confidentiality
- Facilitating discussions with business partners to assess and calibrate the health of the talent pipeline; enabling development and succession planning to ensure a future ready organization
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- Have experience in the technology industry or in supporting technology organization in complex operating environments
- Start-up experience or experience in areas that are fast-paced and dynamically changing
- You are action-oriented, resourceful and approachable while also having the ability to influence and lead change
- Strong business acumen and the ability to think systematically and holistically, diagnosing business problems and developing sustainable solutions that is highly focused in overall associate experience
- Digital mindset where we continue to innovate on simplifications of people related processes
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management experiences
- The ability to be agile and to make sense of the rapidly increasing amount of data being generated by individuals and organizations
- Organizational design experience that helps transform and optimize orgs
- Great listening skills, critical thinking skills, and solution-articulation skills – ability to manage laterally and vertically to create alignment & enhance efficacy of self/team
- Professional curiosity – Student of the business mindset
- You have PHR or SPHR or GPHR certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and 4 years’ experience in human resources or related area OR 6 years
Sixty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world’s biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we’re reinventing the shopping experience and our associates are at the heart of it. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and create a career you’re proud of.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $89,500.00-$192,500.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in HR or related field and 5 years' experience in human resources or related field OR 8 years' experience in human resources or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth