Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Staff Software Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1237547
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Staff Software Engineer
About the Team
As a part of US Omni Tech, you will build & implement industry defining Real Estate and Energy products to drive differentiated experiences for the associates working in the New Home office campus. We want our new campus to create an environment that helps associates move the company forward, is in line with our sustainability goals (to be powered by 100% renewable energy and create zero waste) and stays true to our roots in Northwest Arkansas. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has a love for software Engineering , data, enjoys solving complex problems, has a passion for Real Estate and Energy, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the entire team - then our Staff Software Engineer Real Estate and Energy could be for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Integrate REST based APIs developed in Java and Node using an Ajax framework for client-side rendering and web browser and request libraries for server-side rendering.
- Review software application code changes made by other team members and suggest appropriate changes if necessary and participate in software code development discussions.
- Implementing 3rd party software solution
- Leading the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes
- Demonstrate craftsmanship and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Significant industry experience designing web applications with a focus on operational excellence.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity, product quality and efficiency.
- Generate technical documentation and presentations to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development, product, and business teams.
- Manage and maintain multiple production and non-production environments, ensuring that these environments are setup with the standard automated build and releases processes & deliver with quality, reliability.
- Build, leverage and analyze tools, application logs, and analytics data to determine improvements to the product and engineering services
- Experience evangelizing technical standards across large orgs to drive concrete outcomes.
- Eye for spotting the right tradeoffs when it comes to fine-tuning systems for speed, robustness, and cost efficiency.
- Participate in setting the technical vision and objectives for multiple teams in alignment with business and market needs.
- Ability to coach, challenge, and guide engineers on the issue troubleshooting front via a root cause analysis process.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Leading the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Web Operations, project management, business, and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience building highly scalable, high performance, responsive web applications.
- 5+ years of Experience with Java, Spring boot, Reactive spring, SQL/NoSQL Databases and their ecosystems.
- 2+ years of Experience with React, Redux, NodeJS, Nest JS and their ecosystems.
- Experience in building fault-tolerant, high performance Back-end architecture.
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience with unit testing and automation frameworks.
- Experience with engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, and code reviews.
- Ability to create prototype from ideas and mockups from wire frames.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can communicate effectively in both independent and team environments.
- Good understanding of version Control systems, preferable GIT.
- Experience of big data technologies (Kafka/Cassandra/Elasticsearch)
- Have experience with Azure Cloud Stack or other cloud stacks
You’ll make an impact by:
- Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, to execute efficiently.
- Conducting industry and competitive analysis to understand new technology offerings and tradeoffs.
- Partnering with our Real Estate and IOT platform teams to build a scalable platform that drives cross domain leverage.
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs and determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners to build roadmaps and work closely with engineering to strike a balance between features and tech debt.
- Providing overall direction for the product and manage the TCO end-to-end.
- Be hands-on in analyzing technical and business problems and recommending solutions to stakeholders on how best to leverage the technology
- Self-starter, quick learner, keen observer, eye for detail and someone who relishes challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related field
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth