Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Analyst II, Specialty Compliance and Ethics
- Location PHOENIX, AZ
- Career Area Ethics and Compliance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1236638
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Responds to compliance and ethics questions and issues by
- monitoring laws and regulations for specified area
- researching laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- drafting and updating policies and standard operating procedures with input from leadership
- collaborating with senior managers to communicate information to associates
- monitoring compliance and ethics questions for potential gaps and recommending and developing strategies for identified compliance and ethics gaps.
Identifies compliance concerns by
- collecting necessary data
- creating reports on findings
- communicating findings to management
- recommending resolutions to the concerns and supporting follow up with field and home office based on findings in reports.
Develops, executes, and maintains legislation assessment strategy by
- identifying and investigating relevant proposed legislation
- determining implications of legislation on business area
- developing plans to adapt to proposed legislation
- classifying relevant legislation
- implementing a data management program to catalog all legislation and administrative rulemaking to identify predictive trends
- supporting the development of long-term national and global regulatory forecasts and participating in gap analysis studies to identify and react to future regulatory obligations.
Researches proposed regulatory issues to serve as a subject matter expert to the business by
- managing tools and resources required to obtain relevant information
- managing third-party research and development studies on proposed policy and relevant provisions
- identifying internal and external stakeholders likely to be impacted by proposed policies or provisions; researching global regulatory trends
- managing impact assessments of proposed policies or provisions and evaluating research and predictive trends to provide recommendations to leadership.
Measures compliance and ethics and communicates results by
- providing guidance to advance the analysis of information and compliance and ethics reporting process
- collaborating with the business to funnel compliance and ethics information to the correct markets
- guiding the preparation of summary reports for senior leadership that encompass all compliance and ethics training results across the company and within designated markets
- developing metrics and measurements to evaluate the effectiveness of reporting and analytics and providing regular updates to senior leadership on progress of compliance and ethics training initiatives.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by
- providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices
- supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by
- building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- identifying business needs
- determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices
- monitoring progress and results
- recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by
- incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans
- using the Open Door Policy and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field OR 2 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Customer Research, Data Analysis and Insights, Experience in clinically integrated organizations, specifically outpatient models of diversified care with an appreciation for provider compensation arrangements, partnerships and "friendly PC"/MSO models, Working with email service providersMasters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...6910 E Chauncey Ln, Phoenix, AZ 85054, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth