Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer III-Backend(Java)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1236039
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
It’s exciting time to join our Walmart journey. We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer - FDS for a key position in Finance Technology support the Finance Data Services team. Finance Data Services is a portfolio of Micro-Services that centralize data collection and availability of our core Finance Technology data. Today this information is primarily used in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Procure to Pay, and Inventory processes, but the foundation is laid to expand to additional finance processes in the near future. This role would be supporting one of multiple domains within the portfolio for the enterprise, focused on building, enhancing, and supporting data flows and microservices within the ecosystem. A strong software engineering background is a must for this position, and we are seeking candidates who have a true passion for technology, to not only build for what we require today but build solutions that will support our growing ecosystem for years to come.
About the Team
As a part of Walmart Finance Technology, you will work alongside a cutting-edge technology team building industry leading solutions to support Walmart’s financial systems’ needs. We provide the systems that allow the Fortune 1 company to close the books each month and report financial statements externally each quarter. More than $500 Billion in annual revenue flows through these systems, so you will be working with large data sets and large financials. You will be in the unique position to be of service to both our customers and our associates as a member of this organization supporting all segments of Walmart globally. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has a love for data, enjoys solving complex problems, has a passion for technology and likes to leverage new and creative solutions to solve our challenges, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the entire team - then our Sr. Software Engineer - FDS position could be for you. The ideal candidate will be a builder with a strong understanding of cloud technologies and open-stack solutions, as well as a passion for ensuring our customers obtain necessary data at the speed of business. You’ll need to be a team player and have a passion for building products that are used and see value added to customers both immediately and over time.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
• You are a technologist
• You are curious, and a learner – not afraid to try and solve a problem you’ve never seen before
• You like digging into data and doing some analysis
• You’re excited about solving complex challenges
• Innovative technology drives you, and you want to find new ways to solve old problems using the knowledge you have gained over time
• You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products
You’ll make an impact by:
• Leading a scrum team in successful large-scale implementations
• Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and ensure proper design decisions and technology best practices are followed by the team each day.
• Brainstorming solutions with other technology associates, and not being afraid to challenge the status quo
• Seeking value in every solution • Have a continuous improvement mindset and always seeking better ways to solve existing challenges, never settling for manual processes, and relying on automation to add efficiencies
• Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution
What you’ll do…
• Be hands on building Java based Micro Services in our Cloud environment
• Partner with technology team leads for the future direction of how individual components need to be built
• Provide input to solving business problems leveraging the technology tools available
• Build a strong working relationship with our India based associates (~70) with daily collaboration for around the clock development/support
• Align with other major programs underway to understand and direct changes as required for the FDS organization
• Provide input to roadmaps and project plans supporting Walmart’s long-term plans for data optimization across systems.
What you’ll bring…
• 4-5 years of Software Engineering experience
• Solid understanding of the Java or comparable coding language, with hands on experience in the industry
• Experience building Micro Services or other Java based applications
• Solid understanding of Cloud environments (Azure, GCP, or AWS) and successfully implementing components to run in a live environment
• Technical curiosity, and a willingness to learn new technologies as part of your daily work Spark
• Spark SQL, Spark Streaming
• Kafka and/or Event Hub, IBM MQ
• Database technologies (DB2, Azure Data Lake)
• File Systems
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth