Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Market Manager, Supercenter - Wm Stores
- Location BATON ROUGE, LA
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1192427
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for facility management in multiple facilities by hiring; providing direction; setting expectations; holding facility managers accountable; rewarding; and guiding the development of facility management.
- Ensures competitive talent for multiple facilities by championing company human resource initiatives; addressing new business needs or anticipated turnover; promoting opportunities to attract and retain a high performing diverse workforce; ensuring talent pipeline; and guiding the leadership development process.
- Implements and models customer service standards across multiple facilities by ensuring unbeatable excellence in store standards; understanding unique needs of customer; ensuring enhanced customer experience for the business area; creating an environment for facility managers to set excellent customer service expectations that are aligned with customer needs and expectations and company goals.
- Ensures compliance with company and legal policies, procedures, and regulations, including environmental compliance, for multiple facilities by implementing and monitoring loss prevention, safety, and compliance controls; overseeing safety, operational, and quality assurance routines, developing and implementing action plans, and providing direction and guidance on executing company programs and strategic initiatives.
- Delivers effective execution for the business area by driving operational excellence; holding the management team accountable; initiating and leading company change efforts to maximize desired results; conducting competitor assessments; monitoring the effectiveness and implementation of continuous improvement programs; and providing information and feedback for process improvements within the organization.
- Drives overall financial performance of the market by preparing, analyzing, and reconciling financial reports; creating and administering capital and expense budgets; determining trends and areas of opportunity; advising others on cost control methods; and resolving budgetary issues.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: 5 years experience supervising Management Associates OR 3 years experience as a Store Manager OR 5 years supervising managers who have P&L responsibility and make employment decisions. Effective January 26, 2019 - associates will be required to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments Valid driver’s license.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Facility Maintenance, Managing Fuel or Convenience Store, Retail Management, Retail OperationsBachelors: Arts, Bachelors: Science
Primary Location...10606 N MALL DR, BATON ROUGE, LA 70809-4800, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth