Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Marketing Manager, Online Media, Site - WEC
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1182172
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Sam's Club Digital Marketing team is seeking an experienced Associate Marketing Manager to help scale and grow our eCom/Pickup Sales within Walmart. This Associate Marketing Manager will own the account strategy, execution, and revenue growth for several advertisers across categories such as Technology, food, consumables, health and wellness and general merchandise.
The ideal candidate will drive the development of marketing vehicle business strategies by leveraging customer information and competitive insights; forecasting future resource and financial needs based on business goals and objectives; collaborating with cross-functional partners (for example, Merchandising, Planning, Category Marketing, Customer Relationship Management (CRM)) to translate business priorities into strategic online marketing initiatives; identifying efficiencies and synergies across marketing vehicles (for example, Affiliate, SEM/Paid Search, Display, Social, SEO/Natural Search, Yelp, Apple Search, Mobile in-App, LiveRamp, Mobile DMP, etc.); and developing and aligning strategies across marketing vehicles and multi-channel advertising campaigns.
Ideal Candidates will have experience developing sales professionals and account managers, with a focus not just on the What they need to deliver, but the How they operate internally and externally. Ideal candidates will also have consistent management experience as well as extensive experience selling or buying cross-network online marketing solutions such as programmatic display, direct response, search, branding, integrated sponsorships, and display or video advertising. Additionally, the candidate will have experience working within a matrix organization and leading, coaching and influencing people. Candidates must have strong consultative sales skills with C-suite leaders, a collaborative and innovative spirit and be extremely comfortable working within ambiguous situations.
Manages the Online Marketing budget by ensuring work is delivered within marketing efficiency and return-on-investment (ROI) thresholds; partnering with Finance and Accounts Payable to ensure efficient and accurate invoice processing; and driving overall budget management (for example, outside services, software, training).
Manages vendor relationships and contracts for Online Marketing initiatives by overseeing the request for proposal (RFP) process; vetting and selecting vendors in alignment with evolving business needs; partnering with the Legal Department and the contracts team to negotiate vendor contracts and renewal terms; overseeing the deployment of new vendor technology; and fostering long-term business relationships with key vendor partners.
Drives the continuous improvement of Online Marketing systems, processes, and capabilities by partnering with Engineering, Production Support, and Product Management on future technology development needs; keeping up-to-date on industry trends, best practices, and the competitive landscape; and identifying and implementing new system and process enhancements.
Manages the Walmart brand by ensuring marketing campaigns (for example, Affiliate, Search, Yelp, and Display) are consistent with the company's overall branding guidelines. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Be responsible for driving results while strategically building a business for the future
- Strong ability to forecast and efficiently allocate budget & resources to drive profitable business results
- Play a critical role in building, inspiring, training and managing a talented, motivated, highly consultative digital vendor team that includes salespeople and account managers
- Deliver the highest level of customer service and present marketing solutions in a compelling, positive and professional way
- Understand our businesses and develop appropriate solutions to meet their needs
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to drive revenue growth with new and existing clients and be a point of escalation for any potential issues
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research and B2C/B2B strategy development
- Consult with Product Management and Product Marketing to help shape product development in support of client needs
- Be seen as an industry leader in the media, retail and/or AdTech communities
- Evangelize with agencies, clients and at targeted events, conferences and media opportunities and champion Walmart & Sam’s Club product releases internally and externally
- 3+ years hands on experience of building and capability to manage high performing teams.
- Experience driving revenue growth with emerging opportunities and established partnerships
- Strong understanding of the advertising technology and data/performance measurement trends
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to brands
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data into Walmart/Sam’s Club value
- Ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to forge relationships with top business leaders and marketing decision makers at brands and agencies
- Demonstrable success as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence by introducing new performance measures, processes, and systems
- Provide strong leadership with the ability to build, train, coach and develop a high performing team including providing coaching and mentoring to peers
- Demonstrated track record in leading a team to surpass its targets and significantly grow the scale of the business partnerships under their control
- Ability to move fast, be bold, and thrive in a dynamic, quickly changing environment
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with a strong focus on collaboration
- Knowledge or working experience with R, SQL, Tableau, JIRA, Google Analytics, DMP, DCM, Mobile In APP, Doubleclicks, Advanced Excel, Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Gemini, Facebook Business Manager, A/B testing and Microsoft suits. Proficient in writing complex SQL queries
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Behavioral Science, or related field and 2 years experience in digital media or related field OR 5 years experience in digital media or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Contracts Negotiation, Managing website or online tool development, Product Management, Supervising AssociatesMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...950 ELM AVE, SAN BRUNO, CA 94066-3047, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth