Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Lead Counsel I, Financial Regulatory Compliance
- Location WASHINGTON, DC
- Career Area Legal
- Job Function Legal
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1180540
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Join Walmart, the world’s largest company and our Regulatory Legal Team as the Lead Counsel of Financial Regulatory Compliance. In this Lead Counsel role, you will provide legal advice, guidance, and support to various stakeholders on emerging legal and regulatory matters that impact our Financial Services business. You will also support related business strategies such as, innovations in financial services products and nuanced product offerings
In addition, the Lead Counsel of Financial Regulatory Compliance will support other legal teams and businesses on interesting and innovative customer facing solutions, as well as collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate legal and compliance risk. The Lead Counsel will also represent Walmart in applicable regulatory matters, work with outside counsel on complex matters and interact with relevant government agencies and regulatory bodies.
You’ll make an impact by:
· Providing legal advice and counsel to the company to enhance and maintain initiatives on a range of legal, business and compliance matters, focused on the company’s fast developing financial services products.
· Representing the business with regulatory agencies.
· Being familiar with financial services and fintech environment, eCommerce, and regulatory compliance programs including experience with U. S. federal and state regulatory regimes in regulatory areas related to eCommerce and financial services platforms such MTL’s, MCA’s, and other unregulated loan practices.
· Identifying, prioritizing, and managing risks to the company by engaging and assisting in research and drafting of presentations on legal issues.
· Reviewing and advising on agreements with various parties to ensure regulatory compliance with legal, contractual, and corporate requirements.
· Managing outside counsel.
· Proactively identifying risk and developing mitigation programs and strategies.
· Assisting on commenting and shaping regulatory developments at key agencies.
· Successfully collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
· You have 7+ yrs. prior experience in relevant regulatory matters and business compliance programs, in government, in-house, or private practice, particularly related to traditional finance and foundations of lending as well as fintech platforms.
· You’re driven to execute and to act quickly.
· You’re process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
· You have strong communication skills and experience with senior leadership and stakeholders.
· You enjoy successfully working on cross-functional teams within a corporate environment.
Locations: Bentonville, AR, Washington DC. Currently, we are not considering a remote or hybrid role.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond a competitive pay package that includes salary, bonuses, and stock, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Law degree from an accredited law school and 6 years’ experience in law.
2 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.License to practice law in at least one state
Primary Location...701 8TH STREET, NW, SUITE 200, WASHINGTON, DC 20001-3917, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth