Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager I, Process Improvement - Health and Wellness Non-Store Operations
- Location CARROLLTON, TX
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1160520
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Manages process improvement programs by
- evaluating and determining improvement needs
- partnering with cross-functional teams to develop the operational strategy to simplify processes
- providing guidance and expertise on company policies, practices, and procedures
- ensuring proper controls, tools, and materials are present in order to enhance behavior change
- partnering with stakeholders to ensure alignment and support of the processes
- monitoring program performance in relation to metrics
- identifying post-implementation issues and concerns
- developing and gaining buy-in on changes and resolutions.
Leads the implementation of change initiative projects to achieve desired results by
- leading the execution of transformational change and processes
- developing plans to implement processes
- assessing the organization's readiness for change
- managing expectations
- adjusting approaches so that positive change is adopted by all business partners and stakeholders
- ensuring timely project management from pilot through implementation stage to enable sustainable processes throughout the business unit.
Develops and redesigns initiatives and processes for key business functions to drive business goals, objectives, and programs by
- analyzing data and evaluating key business components in order to assess current performance baselines
- identifying gaps, opportunities, and needed improvements in key business functions
- evaluating and updating current practices on a continuous basis
- developing improvement solutions
- ensuring program processes are simple, executable, and sustainable for future use with manageable roll out plans
- consulting with cross-functional teams to get alignment on improvement solutions
- communicating changes and solutions to key stakeholders in order to get buy-in.
Drives global projects by
- identifying areas of opportunity
- determining proper procedures and guidelines for advising on, executing, and documenting organizational practices across multiple countries
- understanding the global trends that affect the business
- demonstrating and communicating working knowledge of industry best practices and Walmart policies and procedures in business area of expertise
- anticipating issues of concern
- being proactive in recommending sustainable solutions in area of expertise.
Influences strategies, processes, and best practices by
- conducting modeling and statistical analyses
- partnering with cross-functional teams across the business
- benchmarking with industry experts through continuous education and use of networks
- developing assessments of key opportunities
- demonstrating the ability to translate technical solutions into business solutions
- supporting the development of long-term plans and project timelines
- communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by
- identifying customer and operational needs
- developing and communicating business plans and priorities
- removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance
- providing resources
- identifying performance standards
- measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly
- developing contingency plans
- demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by
- selecting and training
- assigning duties
- building a team-based work environment
- establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations
- providing recognition and rewards
- coaching for success and improvement
- ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by
- training and providing direction to others in their use and application
- ensuring compliance with them
- utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by
- evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives
- consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders
- soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness
- participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
- Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
- Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
- Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
- Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
- Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related field and 3 years’ experience in consulting, project management, business strategy, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in consulting, project management, business strategy, or related area.
1 year’s experience leading cross functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading and mentoring Six Sigma projectsMasters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Finance, Masters: Human Resources, Masters: Supply ChainSix Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...1025 W TRINITY MILLS, CARROLLTON, TX 75006-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I love that at Walmart, each associate has the opportunity and autonomy to create their own career path and grow."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth