Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Corporate Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1157516
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
SENIOR MANAGER II, CORPORATE STRATEGY
The Senior Manager II, Corporate Strategy will partner with leadership across all business segments and corporate functions to support the development of short-term and long-term vision and direction of Walmart. The role entails influencing leaders and supporting decision-making for critical choices. The Corporate Strategy team manages intake of new opportunities and drives build/buy/partner assessments for Enterprise-wide initiatives in partnership with Segment, Function and Global Tech teams; and drives the overall strategic planning process and related Board of Directors reporting.
The successful candidate will possess:
- strong influence and communication skills.
- critical thinking skills.
- intellectual curiosity.
- ability to effectively navigate ambiguity, simplify the complex and develop practical solutions to real problems.
- ability to leverage trust and empathy to influence and drive outcomes without formal authority.
Supporting and assisting with driving long term growth, leading transformations, and directly impacting operations of business outcomes.
- Understands the drivers of the financial metrics that impact the business. Performs analyses based on independent reasoning to draw appropriate conclusions. Analyzes business and financial data and supports the implementation and tracking of business plans that enable the attainment of financial goals.
- Thinks critically and systematically about complex business problems and opportunities. Applies underlying theories behind macroeconomic behaviors to all levels of the organization. Evaluates and interprets the influence of organization's wider environment (for example., financial, industry, scientific, political factors) and offers insights and provides recommendations related to macroeconomic analysis.
- Develops a business and finance plan that delivers the needs of the business and is consistent with Walmart's overall strategy. Uses strategic frameworks, advanced models, and business and competitor knowledge to prepare strategies, understand trade-offs, and make informed business decisions.
- Ensures data quality and organization for analysis. Defines benchmarks and quality rules for key data assets. Participates in the feedback loop between data intake and insights and works on improving the data-collection process.
- Collaborates with partners in the value chain to develop beneficial working relationships and positive outcomes across international markets. Leads cross-functional strategic initiatives and encourages team members to cultivate relationships across businesses and markets.
- Prepares and makes recommendations and guides the implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions for complex issues. Collaborates with stakeholders across multiple functions to drive the recommended solutions.
- Evaluates and translates business strategies into financial targets and tactical plans. Identifies risks and supports the execution of plans in a controlled risk and reward-based manner. Leverages strategic planning expertise in diverse business environments to identify the key drivers of sustainable competitive advantage for an assigned business line.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in business or related area and 5 years’ experience in consulting, corporate strategy, business development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading cross-functional projects, Master's degree in business or related area
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth