Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Manager I, Advanced Analytics - Data Solutions
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1137663
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
This role requires an individual who is intellectually curious, analytical, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and a self-starter to join our team as Data Solutions Specialist. This role is an individual contributor position central to the continued growth, efficiency, and success of Walmart Connect Analytics team. The role will have exposure across Analytics, Sales and Marketing teams within Walmart Connect. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in statistics and data analytics with a deep understanding of retail/media industry.
Roles Specific Responsibilities
- Build, interpret, quantify, visualize, and communicate the impact of data and other business intelligence into meaningful reporting and analysis for advertisers.
- Work with large, disparate datasets and other business intelligence sources to conduct ad hoc “back of the envelope” analyses and report on customer insights, and advertiser or brand specific performance
- Leverage knowledge of SQL, Tableau, and other mainstream reporting and business intelligence tools to aid in the design and development of complex data pipelines to process large datasets.
- Learn, adapt and leverage new tools and technologies as required
- Responsible for the integrity and quality of data marts built to aid in precise reporting for the Marketing and Sales teams.
- Build and maintain the automated pipeline and schedules to ensure no disruption in business as usual.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or any related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of prior professional work experience in analytical/quantitative roles - retail, media, consulting, advertising industry is a strong plus
- Experience designing and implementing reporting solutions
- Strong data visualization skills using Tableau or other visualization software
- Strong SQL skills (hands-on knowledge of R/Python and Hive/Hadoop/Google Cloud Platform environments a big plus)
- Self-starter looking to develop and apply analytical frameworks to help solve complex open-ended business questions with relevant data
- Experience and passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations
- Thrives under pressure, balancing multiple workstreams and priorities
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 1 year's experience in data analytics or related field OR 3 years' experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Analytics in retail operations, Experience using in-database analytics, SAS, SQL, or similar programming languages to retrieve, merge, and hygiene data from multiple sources or platforms
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"The people you work with are ready to help without hesitation to make sure you succeed, it’s just part of the culture."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth