Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Supply Chain Management – Fleet Maintenance/Engineering
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1137168
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the Team
As a part of the Walmart Supply Chain organization, you will contribute to the growth and delivery of our Next Gen Transportation Maintenance and Engineering team! Why? Because Sam Walton founded our company with the belief that the customer is #1. It’s not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With our Supply Chain Team at the forefront of retail transformation you can work on a team that is ultimately focused on delighting our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways.
As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of Supply Chain! If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, this role, with the world’s largest retailer, could be the fit you have been looking for.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Are passionate about continuous improvement, operational excellence and zero loss
- Experience with Overall Equipment Efficiency and Total Productive Maintenance
- Transportation Industry Experience – Class 8 Vehicles, Refrigerated Trailers, Maintenance and Design
- Zero Emissions, Sustainable Fleet, Alternative Fuel Vehicle Experience
- Manufacturing Industry Experience – Operational leadership and root cause analysis
- Lean and Six Sigma Experience – data driven, value stream analysis and improvement
- Comfortable with data analytics, identifying actionable trends leading to efficiency improvements
You’ll make an impact by…
- Operational Excellence: Explains operational functions and key functional roles of own department or unit. Clarifies the role of each department and its relevance to the enterprise strategy.
- Data and Digital Literacy: Leverage data analysis tools to explore moderately complex data, develop and test hypotheses, uses data to influence strategic work, builds and presents insights.
- Partnership and Collaboration: Engage with team members on a periodic basis and establish credibility. Analyze stakeholder needs and partner with them to share relevant information.
- Business Acumen: Support the development of business cases and recommendations. Own the delivery of project activity and tasks assigned by others. Support process updates and changes.
- Influential Communication: Organize thoughts, communicates articulately, confidently, credibly, and concisely within scope.
- Process Flow Design: Interprets information to quantify the anticipated outcome of supply chain decisions.
- Advanced Analytics: Explains the key concepts and features of data analysis methods. Lists the major sources (e.g., tools, dashboards, industry sources etc.) for collecting.
What you’ll do…
Directs supply chain process improvement efforts by contributing to the design, development, and delivery of new ways of working between supply chain stakeholders; prioritizing product flow plan objectives; ensuring flow plans are achievable; managing the correction of errors processes and feedback loops; identifying areas of opportunity to improve service levels; supporting the use of end-to-end costing methodology and lean concepts; providing cost recommendations to reduce process waste, and provide opportunities for cost reductions and process efficiencies; and reviewing and analyzing the impact and benefits to internal processes.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 4 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related
area OR 6 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area.
2 years’ experience with advanced functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Dispatch, Fleet Management, Network Analysis, Retail Logistics OperationsMasters: Business, Masters: Logistics, Masters: Supply ChainProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth