Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Advertising Sales, Team Lead, Consumables - Walmart Connect
- Location CHICAGO, IL
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1136759
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Connect’s Sales Leadership team is seeking an experienced Team Lead to help scale and grow Food supplier/advertiser partnerships to both Walmart Connect and Walmart. This seasoned sales executive will own the account strategy, execution and revenue growth from one key advertiser or a number of advertisers within a specific Food Vertical, while also leading and developing a team of salespeople, account managers and campaign managers to scale their business.
The ideal candidate will be just as comfortable diving into campaign results with their operational partners as they are presenting customer insights trends and strategic marketing plans to CMO’s and Chief Sales Officers. They will be students of their clients’ business(es), our Walmart ecosystem and how we can better serve our Customers. They will bring a solution-oriented mindset every day to build and grow world class partnerships that deliver significant business growth for their clients’ business(es) and Walmart. They understand how to vertically go deep within a marketer’s organization while also navigating Walmart’s teams. The candidate will have managed and scaled businesses in the past and has the capability to manage and lead a small but high-performing team. Ideal candidates will have consistent management experience as well as extensive experience selling or buying cross-network online marketing solutions such as programmatic, direct response, search, branding, integrated sponsorships, and display or video advertising. Additionally, the candidate will have experience working within a matrix organization and leading, coaching and influencing people. Candidates must have strong consultative sales skills with C-suite leaders, a collaborative and innovative spirit and be extremely comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Be responsible for driving results while strategically building a the business for the future
- Play a critical role in building, inspiring, training and managing a talented, motivated, highly consultative sales and services team
- Understand our client's businesses and develop appropriate solutions to meet their needs
- Deliver the highest level of customer service and present WMC’s solutions in a compelling, positive and professional way Be seen as an industry leader in NYC, Chicago and/or San Francisco
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to drive revenue growth with new and existing customers, be a point of escalation for any potential issues
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research and strategy development
- Consult with Product Marketing to help shape product development in support of client needs in the region
- Evangelize WMC with agencies, clients and at targeted events, conferences and media opportunities and champion WMC product releases internally and externally
- Strong ability to forecast and efficiently allocate resources to drive profitable business results
- 3+ years hands on experience of building and capability to manage high performing teams.
- Experience driving revenue growth with emerging opportunities and established partnerships
- Strong understanding of the advertising technology and data/performance measurement trends
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to brands
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data in to client value
- Ability to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to forge relationships with top marketing decision makers at brands and agencies
- Demonstrable success as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence by introducing new performance measures, processes and systems
- Provide strong leadership with the ability to build, train, coach and develop a high performing team including providing coaching and mentoring to other team leads
- Demonstrated track record in leading a team to surpass its targets and significantly grow the scale of the business partnerships under their control
- Ability to move fast, be bold, and thrive in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with a strong focus on collaboration
- Customer-obsessed, Curious, Collaborative, Consultative, Courageous and Competitive
- Interested in understanding a business’s finances
- Authentic and passionate
- Respectful, Inclusive, Honest, Transparent
- Positive and solutions-oriented
- Sense of humor
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, or related field and 6 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field OR 9 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand advertising (for example, TV or video, sponsorship), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, Brand management, brand development, brand marketing, or brand investment, Managing high performing teams, Self-service platforms, API knowledge, SAAS, search, programmatic, API-based selling, or auction-platform dynamics, Strategic Advisor working with C-Level ClientsMasters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing, Masters: Psychology
Primary Location...125 S CLARK STREET, CHICAGO, IL 60603-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth