Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Global Investigator III
- Location BROOMFIELD, CO
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Global Investigations and Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1134127
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Global Investigator III – Global Investigations
The Global Investigator III will lead and focus on investigations related to Organized Retail Crime, Consumer Fraud, and significant risks to all Walmart platforms. This individual will identify potential threats and mitigate risks by providing solutions and process refinements.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Conducting highly complex investigations (with a focus on Consumer/Financial Fraud, Organized Retail Crime (ORC), and other significant risks to Walmart’s business that could also include theft, misappropriation, personal conduct, and major crime) across multiple business segments by receiving and investigating allegations from a variety of channels.
- Working with the Ethics and Legal departments and government agencies on investigative development.
- Planning and executing proactive strategy for Investigations while utilizing analytics to identify potential risk trends.
- Liaison with law enforcement, retail coalitions and internal business partners.
- Developing investigative theory using specialized techniques to gather and evaluate evidence (for example, documents, surveillance video, testimony, media) to perform analysis, and draw findings.
- Conducting and directing interviews of direct and indirect witnesses and presenting findings to business units and law enforcement agencies.
- Preparing investigative findings in a comprehensive, coherent, and proficient written report that meet legal and regulatory requirements for presentations (for example, courtroom proceedings, governmental agency proceedings); and testifying to findings.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application.
- Responding to critical incidents to liaison with law enforcement in providing evidence and presenting succinct factual updates to company leadership.
- Frequent travel within the investigators area of responsibility, with some travel requiring multiple overnight stays.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a self-starter and have experience in ORC investigations and proactive investigative methodologies, as it relates to identifying and investigating fraud in retail environments, ecommerce, gift cards, credit cards and other fraud activities.
- You have a proven track record in conducting complex proactive investigations.
- Isolate and prosecute large scale fraud and merchandise theft schemes executed against retail businesses.
- You can manage multiple complex cases while achieving results.
- You possess exceptional written communication skills and the proven ability to understand and present complex information to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- You have experience in liaison with law enforcement and government agencies.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and a self-starter, capable of interfacing with Walmart’s business platforms to present investigative findings and identified risk.
Location: Based or willing to relocate Broomfield, CO
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Political Science, or related field and 6 years investigative experience in casework/management, auditing, security, or related field OR 8 years investigative experience in casework/management, auditing, security, or related field.
• Proficiency in English and native language of assigned country (for example, Mandarin in China; Portuguese in Brazil; Spanish in Latin America; Hindi in India).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Fraud and corruption casework/managementCFE - Certified Fraud Examiner - Certification
Primary Location...500 SUMMIT BLVD, BROOMFIELD, CO 80021-8219, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth