Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Creative, eComm - Learning and Development, Seller Help Content Strategist and Lead Writer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1121403
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Manager, Learning and Development, Seller Help Content Strategist and Lead Writer
Walmart is seeking an experienced learning and development content strategist/lead writer to manage the Seller Help content – Walmart’s knowledge base site focused on educating eCommerce sellers on Marketplace tools and solutions. Ideal candidate will be a talented leader who is passionate about educational content and processes and can effectively lead a small team of agency writers to produce and maintain instructional yet engaging content.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating end-to-end Marketplace seller experience with Seller Help and Seller Center, producing best-in-class digital content and measuring user engagement with the ultimate goal to drive seller growth at scale. The Seller Help Content Strategist will drive the strategic direction, content planning and development process to produce instructional how-to articles and checklists, product walkthroughs, FAQs, and more.
Ability to adapt Seller Help experience to changing learner needs and to align content with business goals and initiatives will be key to this role. The Seller Content Strategy Manager will ensure all digital content is current and up-to-date through quality control measures and will ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re a strategist, a visionary, and a writer at heart
- You’re familiar with technical writing and instructional design
- You’re solution-oriented and have a great eye for detail
- You’re a talented leader comfortable to provide direction and feedback to junior copywriters
- You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re a master at making complex subjects easily understood through easy-to-follow tutorials and guides
- You have high standards and can hold project contributors accountable
- You’re savvy and can easily learn new digital tools and solutions
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing strategic vision - Partner with the Associate Director, Marketing and Communications, on defining Seller Help’s strategy and vision. Oversee all Seller Help educational content to deliver great Marketplace seller experience. Research learning needs and identify knowledge gaps for continuous Seller Help website improvement.
- Producing compelling educational materials - Plan and produce best-in-class educational experience for all new and existing Marketplace sellers. Write content or edit content produced by junior writers ensuring consistency in voice and tone. Support new product releases with engaging educational content for Seller Help and Seller Center.
- Leading a team of writers – Manage a team of agency copywriters, provide direction and review the work of junior copywriters. Perform effective project management and oversee the content development process to meet all deadlines.
- Building cross-functional partnerships - Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop, review and deliver training collateral. Partner with the Marketing Ops Manager to manage the intake process and project prioritization.
- Operating with excellence - Establish a scalable and repeatable process for scoping, creation, maintenance, and launch of new training materials. Regularly audit existing Seller Help materials to ensure all information is current, update existing articles based on product launches, product updates and other feedback.
Bachelor's degree in Design, Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 2 years' experience in interactive design, editorial content management, or related field OR 4 years' experience in interactive design, editorial content management, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of content strategy and copywriting experience, preferably in technology or eCommerce industries
- 1+ years of managerial experience
- Proven ability to master and learn processes and platforms quickly
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Self-starter who has a passion for processes and technical tools
- Collaborative work ethic as partnership with stakeholders at all levels is key
- Ability to move fast, in an often ambiguous and fluid environment
- Experience with CMS (Salesforce) is preferred, Pendo is a plus
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Walmart Marketplace
Join Walmart, the #1 omni-retailer in the world, and its fast-growing Marketplace business and team. The Marketplace business is our third-party seller business on Walmart.com. It is already large, growing rapidly, and a top-three strategic priority for the company. We enjoy a scrappy, startup culture and environment – but with the resources of the Fortune #1 company. Come help us grow this critically important business to Walmart.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Design, Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 2 years' experience in interactive design, editorial content management, or related field OR 4 years' experience in interactive design, editorial content management, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Content Management Systems, Digital Content Management, Editorial, Retail Management, Supervising Associates, Vendor Management
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth