Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Data Analytics, Conversational Commerce
- Location NEW YORK, NY
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1115970
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Store No8
We are the incubation arm of Walmart. Store No8 - formed in 2017 as part of Walmart’s larger innovation mission to shape the future of commerce. We pursue big ideas and take risks by stepping outside of Walmart’s core business to focus on leapfrog capabilities across conversational commerce, mixed reality, in-store digitization, and more. Our ultimate goal: fuel Walmart’s core business, create new operational efficiencies, and unlock amazing experiences for our customers in the long term.
The Conversational Commerce team within Store Nº8 is reimagining how families shop and manage their households. They are hard at work designing new products that simplify the shopping experience and integrate naturally into a customer’s routine.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Data Analytics for our Conversational Commerce team. This data leadership position will report to the Director of Data and your mission will be to help our teams build the best user experience possible by managing the roadmap for data analytics products and driving mission critical insights initiatives.
In this role you will be an expert on our data models and data platform capabilities, be a thought leader on challenging business problems and help our team shape and scale our conversational experiences as an enterprise data steward. You will be an authority on all things measurement and analytics – helping our team scale from an innovation team to a large customer business. As a leader within the data team, you will work cross functionally, manage a diverse team of analysts, and possess strong problem solving and communication skills.
What You’ll Do
- Hire, retain and lead a team of analysts focused on all aspects of our business, defining what success looks like as well as fostering growth and development.
- Aid in refining our data analytics strategy and manage the roadmap for delivering business performance reporting, KPI visualizations, and insights initiatives. • Engage with business stakeholders and leadership to help define KPIs by having domain expertise in our data models and capabilities of our analytics tooling.
- Partner internally (CComm Product, Product Marketing, and Engineering) and externally (broader Walmart organization) to facilitate data value discovery in support of our organization’s desire to make data and insights-driven decisions.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics or related field
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical insights, data, or consulting role • 2+ years of experience leading a team of business intelligence / data analysts
- Strong communication skills -
- o Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps, transform complex data sets into simple visuals and dashboards for analytical and non-analytical teammates, and keep the big picture in view
- o Superb communication of concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels including C-level executives
o Excellent storytelling ability leveraging data to drive insights and action
Work experience in ecommerce and/or conversational commerce
• Experience in business intelligence tools (Looker), SQL and/or Python or a statistical package, such as R, SPSS or Stata, and can advise on statistical significance
• Ability to work in an ambiguous entrepreneurial environment being able to manage and execute across multiple priorities while operating independently with minimal supervision
• Know how to inspire, motivate, and support a team to get things done
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary
This role can be based in New York, Sunnyvale/San Bruno/ Seattle
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
1 year's supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau), Supervisory experience
Primary Location...250 Hudson St, NEW YORK, NY 10013-1006, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth