Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager I, Advertising Sales - Partner Manager, Walmart Connect (Marketplace Team)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1113679
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Connect wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Connect is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, sellers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
The Walmart Connect Marketplace Advertising Team is seeking a Partner Manager to help manage and sell Walmart Connect’s advertising solutions to 3P Sellers [advertisers] in Walmart’s Marketplace. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the marketplace competitive landscape, trends, and business models. You’ll build relationships and consult with clients on optimal solution implementation – through service, education, and support. Ideal candidates will have the ability to drive marketing strategy coupled with a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute the tactics. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment, and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
As a Partner Manager on the Marketplace Advertising Team, you will report to the Marketplace Advertising, SBU (Department) Team Lead and use your 7+ years of experience selling digital performance advertising solutions to Walmart’s 3P Marketplace Sellers [advertisers]. You will help 3P Sellers [advertisers] get the best results from their marketing campaigns with Walmart through consultation, education, optimization, and support. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of marketplace dynamics, small businesses, automated hands-on-keys platforms [self-serve, DSPs, API partners] and a deep knowledge of measurement & analytics used to evaluate performance.
- Revenue: Reach and exceed sales quotas while contributing to overall team goals
- Volume: Ability to manage a high volume of 3P Seller [advertiser] accounts
- Always-On: Implement a strategy for always-on revenue so that the team begins the perpetual revenue stream of the organization
- Relationships: Develop and broaden high-level collaborative relationships, understand, and identify contacts that manage multiple budgets (brand, shopper, DR, video, etc.)
- Prospect: Prospect and penetrate organizations to drive alignment and influence executive and day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Measurement & Insights: Collaborate with measurement partners to create learning agenda and to help clients measure the impact of Walmart Connect’s measurement solutions
- Pipeline: Accurately and effectively manage sales pipeline to prioritize business opportunities and resources
- Thought Leadership: Serve as an industry thought leader in performance advertising to drive client success leveraging Walmart Connect’s ongoing product and technology developments. Create and deliver consultative sales presentations using industry knowledge, market trends, and Walmart Connect marketing solutions
- RFPs: Create and present needs-based solutions and high-quality objective based opportunities to RFPs
- 7+ years’ experience in digital sales, search, DR, performance advertising, full-funnel platform sales, PMP/automation background
- 7+ years’ experience managing SMB accounts
- Strong track record of high-level negotiation and successful internal and external relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and diligent follow-through
- Proven track record of successfully reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative sell
- Strong understanding of Walmart consumer behavior and how Walmart helps suppliers, marketers, and consumers
- Strong analytical and Excel skills are essential, as well as curiosity, persistence, and the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
- Strong ability to apply operational rigor, methodologies and use technology to execute, assess, and explain complex brand and performance marketing solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, sales, and/or online advertising environment strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, or related field and 5 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field OR 8 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
Brand advertising (for example, TV or video, sponsorship), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, Managing client accounts, Shopper marketing sales, eCommerce sales, retail advertising sales, search, Strategic Advisor working with C-Level Clients
Masters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing, Masters: Psychology
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, or related field and 5 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field OR 8 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand advertising (for example, TV or video, sponsorship), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, Managing client accounts, Shopper marketing sales, eCommerce sales, retail advertising sales, search, Strategic Advisor working with C-Level ClientsMasters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing, Masters: Psychology
Primary Location...221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth