Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Compliance And Ethics Operations - Region 12 Continuous Improvement
- Location MURFREESBORO, TN
- Career Area Ethics and Compliance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1112087
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Director, Region 12 Continuous Improvement is a critical thought-leadership role that will develop strategy, participate in, and lead cross functional workstreams, develop, implement, and monitor key performance indicators, and support nineteen large format markets across 6+ states.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Continuous Improvement for the West Business Unit, the Director, Region 12 Continuous Improvement role will support the Regional Vice President of Operations and other business partners in ensuring the Ethics & Compliance strategy for Region 12 is effective and relevant in addressing the unique challenges of the business.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Monitoring compliance and ethics processes for potential gaps, recommending and developing strategies for addressing those gaps.
- Identifying compliance risks and mitigating those risks
- Overseeing the development of the strategy for new or changing regulatory requirements by leading the research and analysis of applicable laws and regulations
- Participating in committees and webinars to abreast of changes to the business
- Determining the impact of regulatory changes to the business and developing strategies to address current regulatory requirements, and upcoming changes to those requirements
- Partnering with the Subject Matter Experts to develop training programs for stakeholders and collaborating with stakeholders to drive implementation of new programs
- Benchmarking industry best practices; aligning compliance programs with the business strategy
- Evaluating and reporting on key performance metrics for compliance programs for area of focus
- Communicating corporate positions on various overarching issues by reconciling research into refined message for review; formalizing statements in response to issues and concerns, and presenting impact statements to leadership
- Analyzing costs and forecasting and incorporating into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You can collaborate across the workplace with a teamwork mentality
- You are driven to execute and to act quickly
- You are process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline and improve efficiency and effectiveness
- You have strong communication skills and experience with senior leadership and stakeholders
- You have a strong understanding of operations and can integrate ethics & compliance into operational ways of working
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field and 5 years’ experience in human resources, ethics and compliance, corporate communications, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in human resources, ethics and compliance, corporate communications, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.CommunicationsMasters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...2000 OLD FORT PKWY, MURFREESBORO, TN 37129-6907, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth